AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wanted to give a public thanks today to Nong Vang, a very non-public ReplayTV employee who was let go today.

Most people weren't aware of Nong, but she was instrumental in running the beta test group and worked very hard in the background to get a lot of problems fixed, questions answered, and generally help a lot of people out. Her hard work and excellent communication skills were instrumental in the development of the 5k series Replay and the Replay 5.0 software.

Nong was a invaluable resource at Replay and a friend. She will be missed.

·
Registered
886 Posts
It's always the good people who get the axe. :( Hopefully they move on to better things. Maybe Roku or come back to Replay soon?

Good luck to all the Replay folk!

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
no kidding! that f***ing sucks! that kind of axing should be expected, but it's hard to just take it for granted when it comes.

on the other hand, because there's always a positive side, it's good to know that the SB -> D&M transition is already happening.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Best of Luck to all the "downsized" SB employees.

As I stated in an unrelated post yesterday, I also had that happen a few years ago. When the "Hatchet Man's" forthcoming visit was announced, we were pretty certain as to what was going to happen. All travel was canceled so that everybody could be at a site wide meeting at which Mr. Hatchet Man would be the featured speaker. I give Mr. Hatchet Man credit though, it took him only about 10 seconds to get the punch line. " Thank you for letting me come here. As you know, we have greatly appreciated the efforts of the people at this facility. Unfortunately, in today's economy ...."

I vividly remember having to pull my oldest daughter from her after school daycare program. For her, the daycare was a very important part of her social life. She stoically tried to fight back tears as she explained to her daycare teacher that she wouldn't be coming back. "Daddy lost his job yesterday and I have to quit school (the daycare) so we can save money".

Ouch, that hurt !

It is very unfortunate but this is just happening with all too much frequency in the current economy.

Again, good luck to all the SB employees !

·
Registered
419 Posts
That hurts. I had to make a difficult decision last year regarding jobs. I chose the safer and lower-paying job as I had a very young baby and a new mortgage that I needed to make sure I could pay. I luckily still have this job and the people I know who took the higher-paying positions now dont' have anything.

I got lucky that time. My heart goes out to Nong and her family.

·
Registered
827 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by jleavens
I wanted to give a public thanks today to Nong Vang, a very non-public ReplayTV employee who was let go today.
What time did this happen?? As I received an email from a Nong Vang about ReplayTV time stamped... " Fri, 25 Apr 2003 12:12:59 PST "

The two company downsizing that I have been in happened first thing in the AM "Before" I was even allowed to clock in for the day..

What a bummer as I know how few jobs there out there right now! I was off work for nine months and ended up taking a job paying close to 1/3 of what I had been making just to try to pay bills!

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
Nong was a great, great person to have at SB. I'm gonna miss her. Nong - if you're reading this - thanks for all you did for Replay and for all of those lucky people in your programs. I had a great time working with you!

·
Registered
49 Posts
I also received an e-mail from Nong late yesterday. Hmmmmmm...I'll still FAX in my NDA Monday, but I am not as hopeful. :(

·
Registered
5 Posts
I, too, will miss Nong. She has been a tremendous help, always on top of things, and showed a genuine dedication to making things work. Best of luck, Nong.

ken

·
Registered
3,715 Posts
Sorry to hear about any ReplayTV people getting pushed out in the changeover. Good luck to Nong and anyone else who is now no longer employed by ReplayTV.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.