AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'am currently wrapping up my first "dedicated" HT. Before I had a smaller HT in the living room. It consisted of a Sony receiver, and Optimus Linauem speakers all around. Pretty good starter system. I also used a Cerwin-Vega LW15 Powered sub with 200watts + 15'. For the dedicated HT room I'am using Diva Swan 6.1 for the front, C3 Center, R3's on the side, and 4 Polk Audio RT25i's for the rears. While waiting for the swans to come in I hooked up two of the polks as my main L&R speakers, and hauled my Sub to the HT room. Anyway, the polks did enough of a job to get by but since the dedicated HT room is about 3 times the size of my den...well the sub just can't cut it. In the previous room that sub did a great job...but with the bigger one it's awful. I popped in TPM and man...talk about muddy bass! I had the volume 3/4 up, and boy...it's was very weak. If I turned it up any higher, you hear more air coming out of the twin ports! I guess I'll have to look into a better, or dual configuration. Anyone have any recommendations? I'am using a Denon 4802 receiver if that makes any difference.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I'm surprised no on answered this yet, but ...

How about an SVS sub?!

(hint - just do a search on SVS)

I have one 20-31PC in a 13x23x8 room and it fills it up completely without problems. (even during the TPM and THX intro on that dvd)

You could always go with dual SVS's with the Sampson amp.

Depends on how much you'd like to spend. But I'll tell you that these are the best deals in the sub world.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Yup! The SVS subs definitely seem to be the subs of choice - plus they are a sponsor of the forum. Do a search for SVS if you want reviews, but just click on the sponsorship banner at the top of the page if you want to visit their site. They have some customer testimonials, most of which I am sure come from Forum members.

Good luck!!

·
Registered
468 Posts
My SVS actually got me to turn off my Bass Shakers for everyday use. I just use them for movies now. Also, subwoofer position can do a whole lot. You may want to move it around to different spots to see what is better.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.