AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It’s time to say goodbye to the 11 Emmy nominated "Touched by an Angel". Thank you producer Martha Williamson for a heart warming spiritual series that exhibited goodness and decency every week for nine years. Thank you Roma Downey, Della Reese, John Dye. and Valerie Bertinelli. Each week your characters helped people in distress find salvation. All this in an era where sex, violence and tacky reality shows rule the tube...

I know this show was easy to mock especially by the more cynical of you out there. But I think it’s sad that there's no longer a place a program like this.

Larry

·
Registered
3,723 Posts
So you're saying that if one didn't enjoy watching this saccharine-sweet heart-warmer that immediately makes them a cynic? I don't think the Angels would support your assertion. That's not very nice.

Sorry, it wasn't my cup of tea. But I did like it when it previously ran under the title "Highway to Heaven" and starred Michael Landon. ;)

·
Registered
33,592 Posts
One thing most of us can agree on about Touched is that it had some of the best cinematography and sharpest HD on the air. That was a real "show off" show.

·
Registered
50 Posts
The picture quality was one of CBS's best, now if CBS can only fix there terribe whit hue in JAG and put efforts into 5.1. On the whole, CBS HDTV rocks, but if you're looking for suggestions...

·
Registered
901 Posts
I agree, the picture quality was very good in HD. My 9 year old daughter recently took a liking to the show, and i would much rather see my kids watching that kind of show and not that WWF and MTV crap!!!

·
Registered
32,172 Posts
I had never, ever seen one until happening upon the last one. Very pretty look overall in HD. And, I suppose, an appropriate finale.

Mark

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.