AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
529 Posts
i was wondering that too dean. i wonder if you can set up chat rooms. this would be nice because if you switch servers, the voice com will keep working. i am really starting to get pissed no one seems to use the voip in bf2. if xbox has one thing going for it, it is that everyone has a headset. oh well.

·
Registered
9,977 Posts
I wonder how much it will be abused and exploited by Spam.

·
Banned
4,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I downloaded it, now it's a matter of just testing it out. Obviously you have to have a list of other people with Gmail accts. Then you can all be on the same channel or whatever.

·
Registered
9,977 Posts
Really? I didn't know there was a forced Gmail bundling. I only use the Gmail account when they yell at me for not using it.

·
Registered
4,662 Posts
I used it yesterday. It's very bare bones and there's not much to it. XFire has voice chat but like most other IM services it's 1 on 1.

Yes you need a gmail account to use Google Talk.

·
Registered
4,662 Posts
The only thing I found on the help site is this:

"When one of your friends phones your computer with Google Talk, a window will appear to tell you who's calling."

It doesn't say anything on their site about talking to more than one person. Also, another problem I have is that when you invite someone to be on your buddy list it gives your first and last real name.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.