Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now, fully, finally available.

As much of the product as you can handle. If you want 24 hour delivery, you can have it. That's how available.

Any grey, any gain, any color correction.

100% ROLLABLE. yes that's right. You heard me.

I did this this evening,and am using it right now. I put some screen material up on the wall behind my speakers ($25k prototypes, one of a kind..either I'm an idiot, or a brave soul). I masked it off to save the wall. I poured the paint into a paint tray. I put a broom handle on my roller. I used thin amounts, and rolled it on, evenly, like professional painter, trying never to go back on my work. That's for second coats.

I dried the screen with a hair dryer. I sat down and turned on the PJ. Perfect 1.4 gain screen (for CRT).

Zero Screen >>to perfect screen, in less than 1 hour.

·
Registered
101 Posts
KBK:

What's the approximate coverage for a liter of your screengoo, taking into account however many multiple coats are needed?

·
Registered
6,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Two coats per container of ScreenGoo, for about 35 sq feet of PREPPED surface, ie, not an absorbent surface. IE, use the primer material, unless you are painting on a pre-existing wall or screen. The paint dried flexible. This is a permanent flexibility, as well. The dried product has a 300% breakpoint as far as stretching goes.

Pure, maximum grade, water based acrylic, translucent, color-corrected, greyscreen coatings.

The higher the level of coatings, the higher the gain. You can use the grey primer. and then, put on one coating of ScreenGoo, and then see what develops as it dries. Then, decide if you need another. If the first did not come out to your liking, then use the rest of it in two, very thin coats, diluted with water, or gain lowered, with some of the base primer material added in to dampen the gain. Your choice, as it should be. Make it work for your projector, as it should be done.

Here's a quote from my response in the screen forum.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

"This is the most beneficial part of the paint.

You get one can of primer. You learn how to paint on two different coats. Two layers. Or one if you are used to using it.

By the time you get to the third layering, you are applying your first coat of screenGoo. So, the chances of failure are diminished. by the learning curve being exercised on a earlier coating One which can be repaired, at that. The base primer can be sanded, if need be.

By the time you are at your most important coating, you are the most learned in what you are about to do.

It helps create a better screen

It is not as if the product needs protection due to difficulty of application, it's just that the fundamental order of application standards is well served.

You get to experiment with four screens."

~~~~~~~~~~~

·
Registered
63 Posts
wondering what kind of screen material you are applying this "GOO" to????????

And what kind of materials can it be applied to????

Thanks in advance,

Jim

·
Registered
101 Posts
I intend to apply mine right onto the wall - with suitable masking and woodwork to create a nice border. The wood border will also act as a 'frame' for whatever artwork I might want to hang there temporarily when I'm not watching TV...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.