AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I enjoyed this movie tremendously, but I think not everyone will.

Although this movie can't be rated the best PQ or SQ demo tape, the D-Theater capabilities help the film a lot. There are many dark or underlit scenes, and most of the color is "super-saturated." IMO, the clarity of D-Theater's PQ is essential to making this the "best it can be." Some of the dining room scenes seemed almost three-dimensional.

Although there is no LFE to speak of, the D-Theater rendering and placement of sound is impressive in much of the movie. First and foremost is the clarity of the many conversations that take place in the foreground, background, and everywhere else. It would be interesting to compare this aspect with the DVD version. I especially liked the sound of the shotguns in the hunting scenes, and the sounds of the vintage automobiles.

At first, this movie seemed to be a conventional "who done it" among the English gentry, but it turns out to be something more special. I give it four stars out of five.

·
Registered
3,240 Posts
All I know is, Gosford Park is the best example of a rotten looking DVD made to look acceptable and pleasing in DTheater.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.