AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I love this TV. Mostly watching Direct TV, no HDTV yet but the picture quality is quite good on most stations, awesome on many. I am thinking if I don't swap up a little bigger I will be disappointed in the future but if the 57 picture is noticeably less quality than the 51 I will be disappointed immediately. The salesman said that would be the case but I don't know. Has anyone done this and compared the 2 carefully? What do you think? My viewing distance ranges about about 9 to 12 feet but I could go back a few more if necessary.

·
Registered
476 Posts
This is going to be an individual judgment as to what's better, so you should compare the two units side by side in the store to figure out what you prefer.

As for me, I'm 10 feet from a 65" TWX and love it. Yes, on poor quality sources I see more defects, but that doesn't bother me because I know it's a source problem and not the set. With good sources (good DVD transfers or HDTV), I'm blown away by the quality.

Les

·
Registered
594 Posts
I sit 9' from my 57SWX20B and dont see any problem with it. As others have said low quality feeds are just that. I love a good quality feed though. I think you will be fine.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.