AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a problem, I have my PC connected to my projector and monitor (with a vga splitter/amplifier), but will soon receive my 400 DVD changer.

How can I get an HD signal to the projector while still being able to easily switch between the pc and dvd player on the projector? My projector only has a VGA input for HD and can accept component through the vga input but this requires changing a setting each time you switch between vga and component signals.

How can I do what I want?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
Get a component output adapter for your video card and then run the component cabl es to a receiver.

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I thoguth of that but would that let me use 1280x1024 resolution? Would I need to change anything on the PC?

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
got no clue......my spy cam thats is in your room is covered up.

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
You MAY have an option to switch the 'setting' via a serial cable and a signal from your PC -- I'm doing a similar thing with my Sony VPL-VW10HT, Girder, and my remote control.

The 'device' shown will help you HOW? It will give you 2 component signals... you'd still need a switchbox and a conversion cable --> you DID say the PJ could accept 'component' through the VGA connector. You didn't say it had seperate component input connectors... or is that what you meant? WHAT IS THIS PJ... make/model?

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
My PJ is the Sharp PG-A10X and does have serial control.

The device would help me since it would convert my PC's VGA to component, and my receiver could handle the switching, I'm just worried about any quality degradation that converter may cause, I still want 1280x1024 to be readable on my PJ.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.