AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We're in the middle of redoing our basement right now, and the best part is that I need to fill it with all new components

I'm wiring it for 7.1, but can't afford to go all out right now. Got the Mits 60" DLP on sale today, so building around that.

Thinking that I'd rather sound more on the receiver right now, and surround it with a decent center and some cheap bookshelves/surrounds until I can afford to finish it off with good speakers all around.

Short story long, I need some help with some recommendations for a receiver.

Here's my requirements:

Prefer not to spend more than 500, but do have some flexibility. 800 would be absolute max.

3D ready

At least 7.1

Support for two two speakers in a second zone (NOT shared by with the 7.1). Want to be able to play different source on outside speakers.

6 rear HDMI would be a bonus

iPhone native support via USB would be a bonus

My days of really blasting it are behind me, so need for crazy power levels. Would really appreciate any suggestions you might have!

·
Registered
18,923 Posts
Yamaha RX-V667 looks ok. I think you can get it in your price range, look for deals.

·
Registered
2,421 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by teach42
Any other thoughts? Was doing some searching and saw the Pioneer 1120. Couldn't tell if I could a separate source form the 2nd zone tho.

Other suggestions?
You CAN run a separate analog source to Zone 2 on the 1120 and play different things in each zone. Like most receivers, though, digital sources are restricted to Zone 1.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.