AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't have the chance to see a lot of the projectors frequently mentioned on this forum and regardless of what I hear I still like to see things for myself. Got to play with the new Sharp 7000 LCD projector yesterday and I like it a lot. I've got it set up on a 45" x 80" screen (16:9) to try it out, even though it's a 4:3 projector. I have a somewhat critical eye and I was pleased with the Sharp's performance.

I was using a Sony DVD player with composite feed ( I know...composite is bad, but this was a quick and dirty hook up just to watch SOMEthing!). At about a 12 foot viewing distance the screen door effect was noticable only on very "white" scenes and there was a little artifacting but not enough to bother me. The picture was very bright and the colors were rich while the black level was decent (it is an lcd, after all).

I know that Sharp doesn't get much mention on this forum, probably due to the higher prices of their projectors, but this is a good little (and I mean Texts>littleTexts>) projector. I know that better can be found for less but if you're like me and need to be able to go into a store and see before you buy, this one's worth looking at.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.