AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this has been asked before so if you could point me to a thread that explains this then that would be great.

But basically here is the situation --

Got a new 52LNA630 from the store. Also got a PS3 to use as a Blu Ray player primarily. Did not open the PS3 box but used my old HD DVD (Toshiba A3) to watch Hancock and it looked like I was watching a sitcom!

I am coming from a 42" plasma - reason for upgrade is glare and size. Am I going to always see film based material like this?? What do I need to do watch movies like they were intended? This is horrible and unacceptable for a big movie watching audience like in my house

·
Registered
331 Posts
Thats cause you have Auto Motion Plus turned on, If it bothers you, You can turn it off by going into the picture settings and into the Advance settings. Auto Motion Plus has 4 settings, Off, Low, Medium, and High. Setting it off will turn off that soap opera effect.

·
Registered
4,323 Posts
LOL how can u buy a TV and not know it has auto motion plus.. research buddy research! l bet u didnt know it has 120hz processing either
cuz if u did then your question would have been "is it the 120hz processing thats causing this wiered effect on my tv with movies?"

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by TygerClaw /forum/post/15428213

Thats cause you have Auto Motion Plus turned on, If it bothers you, You can turn it off by going into the picture settings and into the Advance settings. Auto Motion Plus has 4 settings, Off, Low, Medium, and High. Setting it off will turn off that soap opera effect.

will try that and see. Gracias!

·
Registered
920 Posts
I feel bad for lots of people who buy this tv and blame it on the tv while if they knew they can turn it off.

·
Registered
10 Posts
.........and in the spirit of the Holiday Season, only the best comes forth from yet another forum. Why the insulting comments? Does it make one feel more intelligent? Better looking? While there will be those that join in, thankfully not everyone will immediately resurrect and display the lesser qualities that each of us possess.

Enjoy your new display "bugsnest"....

Happy Holidays.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Your gonna love your new TV, Don't ignore the Auto Motion Plus feature, It comes with great benefits, Like watching Sports, It will get rid of motion blur during fast moving scenes and you will be able to see the action better.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
To all those who suggested turning off the Auto Motion for film based sources - a big THANK YOU - it makes a big difference. Phew

TygerClaw- I see your point. Sports does look good with this turned on.

Happy New Year y'all....

·
Registered
184 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by VarmintCong /forum/post/15430052

Warren Buffett probably has no clue what AMP is, is he ignorant? The guy is smart enough to ask the right question in the right place, that's intelligence.

^^^ +1

Why do some of you guys have to be so hard to jump on someone for coming here and asking a question? He knew where to come to ask a question and he got it answered quickly.

Put yourself in the other person's shoes and give them a break!

Just my 2 cents!

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by wd831 /forum/post/15436890

that's not the right way to treat the people that you come to for help

I agree. The treatment was towards those that had nothing helpful to add but feel obliged to talk down to anyone who don't qualify as experts. They probably need a reminder this is a public forum and not the elitist club they think they are in

Quote:
Originally Posted by bk.secret23 /forum/post/15435827

What I meant with 'ignorant' was lacking knowledge in general or in a specific subject. Or just let me add to it; ignorant, ill-informed, mass-market consumers.

I apologize however.

--The "ignorant, ill-informed, mass-market consumers" are the ones who make up about 80% of the TV buying population in this country. I am not convinced they would benefit tremendously by spending time on these boards and getting "educated" on the nuances of the technology they are investing in (if anything they may come out more confused and cynical)... but if it weren't for them and their hard-earned money, you and I would probably have to find another pass time

Apology accepted.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Auto-Motion Plus is a branded (probably trademarked) feature specific to Samsung 120Mhz LCD TVs. It is not a feature of all LCD TVs that you'd expect all consumers to be aware of before purchasing. And while Sony has it's own implementation, it has a different title, which only further confuses the consumers.

Bugsnest...sorry for the unwelcome responses! Fortunately for you, no matter how informed or uniformed you are on LCD's, you made an excellent choice. I researched for months on LCDs before pulling the trigger on the a630 and couldn't be happier.

Good Luck!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.