AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry for the PC-related mumbo-jumbo here guys. This is really a crt-related issue.

I'm just waiting for an Extron System 8 Plus to arrive - to help me switch inputs to my Marquee 9000.

I've been driving the M9K from an HTPC (via an Hi-Def ATSC card) via an Extron 109 Plus to give the Marquee a little more input voltage. I'm planning to feed two inputs to the System 8 - the VGA card on the PC and the Hi-Def card (a MyHD MDP-120).

My first question is - do I still need the 109? Does the Sys8 provide similar capabilities?

My second question would be - if I did need the 109, where would I place it in the chain? The obvious place would be on the output from the switcher, but the 109 has a VGA connector and I'm concerned about losing quality if I have to put an adapter inline.

Anyone have any thoughts on this?

Andy.

·
Registered
117 Posts
The System 8+ is a passive switcher and should not affect your signal path.

If you needed the RGB109+ before, you will also need it now. The ideal scenario would be to use the 109+ as close to the PC as possible. If you want to use only one 109+ you can try it at the end of the switcher and see for yourself. It will probably be fine as long as the switcher and the 109+ is very close to the PC's.

The idea of the 109+ is to amplify the signal while the signal is at its very best (right on the output of the PC).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.