AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been going through and defunging all of my tubes - get to the red tube and SNAP! Broken glass. :( Lucky last huh.

If anyone has a burnt out tube and would like to help out a fool who snapped his glass let me know. I'll pay for postage for the glass and a bit for your trouble :)

[email protected]

I feel so stupid....

HELP!

·
Registered
4,018 Posts
You can also just get a piece of glass cut for you.

Marc

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Makes sense. I think panic got the better of me :)

I wonder if getting coloured glass would be wise. Same concept as colour corrected lenses. Get Red glass for the red tube etc. Any ideas what level of tint you'd need or if it would even work?

·
Registered
4,018 Posts
No... that doesn't work. Won't come out right. Get colored lenses instead.

Marc

·
Banned
2,582 Posts
Its pretty easy to remove that glass plate.

You just need a sharp razor knife and cut alont the sylicone with several passes as its very hard to do it in one pass. Just keep doing it till your all the way through on all 4 sides. Then carefully remove the plate and clean all the old sealer off.

·
Registered
4,018 Posts
Vic, that's how he broke the last one :D

Marc

·
Registered
496 Posts
The problem is that sometimes there is not space for the razor to fit between the glass and the aluminum frame. When this happens, there is much choice except to pry, and that usually leads to breaking the front glass... (Ive come across this 2 times now.)

--Kieth

·
Registered
4,018 Posts
Well, you can replace it with regular glass. But it is ideal to use the clearest optical glass you can find. A lot of regular glass has a slight tint to it.

Marc

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.