AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i got an open box 4508 the other day from someone online and when i hook it up, it wants to dial out to get the clock current - says something like "ReplayTV clock is not current, it will be updated in one or two minutes". i can get into 243 Zones, but when i do a Net Connect, it tries to dial - i only have ethernet, i don't have a landline phone.

i'm 99% sure that this unit isn't activated and i was gonna go with one month of service for now to make sure that the unit is fully functional before i get the lifetime, but how do i get it to use my ethernet instead of trying a phone line? i just need to find out how to put in my network settings...when i hit Menu on the remote, i get the "clock message" over and over :(.

thanks...jeff

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
The best thing to do is start from scratch and do a factory reset. You will be prompted for Ethernet or modem and zip, etc.

enter:

382 then press the "Replay Zones" key. Allow the machine to reboot.

·
Registered
983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks GadgetGuy.

btw, if i order the month(ly) service today, how long should it take for the activation to kick in? when i got my other RTV back in August, it was new in box, so i had the grace period and didn't have to worry about it...since this 4508 has been booted up before, i assume that grace period has ended.

thanks again...sturmie

·
Registered
886 Posts
Activation now takes a couple of hours. Depends on when you do it. I did it in the middle of the day from the web site, and several hours later, my machine was activated.

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Sturmie
thanks GadgetGuy.

btw, if i order the month(ly) service today, how long should it take for the activation to kick in? when i got my other RTV back in August, it was new in box, so i had the grace period and didn't have to worry about it...since this 4508 has been booted up before, i assume that grace period has ended.

thanks again...sturmie
Glad I could help. BTW, what does an open box 4508 go for these dys, if you don't mind me asking.

·
Registered
189 Posts
I bought a "last one display model 4508" at Costco for $175. Turned out it had never been plugged in and had the full 10 day grace period left. They had all the accessories, remote, cables in a bag in a filing cabinet in the back.

Only problem now is that it came with 520430260 and the replay servers are not updating 260 to 290 any more. My other 4508s updated to 290 in a day or two, this one appears to be staying at 260.

·
Registered
983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
GadgetGuy...i got mine from a guy on eBay for $170 shipped...it has a dent on the top that could be popped out if i (break the seal) and take off the case, but i'm gonna hold off on that for the moment....if i have a component on top of the RTV, u don't notice it at all.

i REALLY wish i would have waited a few days tho, b/c there was a guy on the forum here selling a new, in box 4516 for $270! i told my buddy who really wanted an RTV (after seeing me use mine for the past 8 months or so) about it and he jumped all over it....has had it hooked up for about week and he thinks it's the greatest TV invention since broadcast cable...hehe...looks like we got another RTV junkie :).

sturmie

·
Registered
127 Posts
Sturmie, I'm glad your friend is liking the 4516. He was a great buyer. Fast payment and everything. Good that we were able to make anyther ReplayTV follower.

·
Registered
983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
kcobra...it was u eh? sorry, i forgot who was offering it :). yeah, clayton LOVES it...he lives right by me and i talk to him every week or so...when i talked to him before he got the RTV delivered he was sooooo pumped...afterwards, he couldn't stop talkin about it :). he's REAL thankful....thanks for doing right by him.

sturmie

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.