AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi - below is a cut and paste of an email I sent to Tech Support, but I was hoping your collective wisdom could possibly give me a hand with this one.

Thanks....!

Quote:
Hi-

_

I have a 4040 unit.

_

Yesterday I had digital cable (Cox) installed. I used to have digital cable a while ago with my ReplayTV and

everything worked fine. They used a General Instruments digital box for the install yesterday.

_

I have set up the box correctly, and connected it correctly to the Replay unit - I am using a composite connection

between the digital box and the Replay, connected to Video 2. I have configured that correctly in Setup, and in

fact, all of my channels above 99 work fine (i.e. all of my digital channels are OK). The problem: I cannot tune

any analog channels - i.e. those below 99. When I try and tune channel 10 (NBC), for instance, the Replay changes

the channel on the digital box through the IR blaster fine, and I get a very quick glimpse at the digital box's

banner showing me that it's tuned to channel 10. Then, I get the blue screen telling me something isn't hooked up

right, etc. This happens on each and every channel below 99.

_

Interestingly, I plugged the RF cable directly from the wall into the Replay's tuner, and ended up with a series of

channels above 1000. I tried tuning channel 1010 (NBC) through the Replay's tuner, and it wouldn't tune at all,

either.

_

Please help.

_

Thank you.

_

Brian

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Claude -

Yep, thanks for the tip, I checked that out and I could tune 2-80 on my TV no problem with its internal tuner.

But, I figured it out this morning. I confirmed with Cox this morning that my cable box is bad. I didn't think the box could be bad out of the box because it was brand new. Plus, the other cable box upstairs tuned analog fine, so of course, my mind thought of the only variable between the two - the Replay.

Cox is coming out tomorrow with a new box. Tonight I'll swap the bad box with the good one to confirm this is indeed the problem, but I'm pretty convinced it was the bad box.

Thanks for chiming in with your .02.

B

·
Registered
675 Posts
Brian,

Glad it worked out for you. Now, if you know anybody that knows anything about Motorola 5100s and channel setting ... :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.