AVS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok i got these in today... http://www.lightingelstore.com/servl...l?sfs=b8ee1c6d and i used the blue to do saturation and hue. The thing is its showing hue as 28 whilte the default was alway 25. Is it best to leave it at 25? or at 28 where the colors are nearly the same via the filter?

Also on the screen that looks like this... http://images.google.com/imgres?imgu...&ct=image&cd=3 When viewed threw the blue filter 2 of the other colors are green (the yellow on one of the others. the sat/hue bars arent green ata ll there blue like there suppose to be. I was wondering is this normal or is it the filter?

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
I'm not sure what to say in regards to your first question.

As for the second part, if you're calibrating your display with the filters through the user menu, all you should worry about is achieving accurate results through the blue filter. If you can adjust your set to nail down the red and green ones too, then great. Otherwise, don't worry about it.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
so its normal for the the yellow to appear green under the blue filter? I also noticed movies seem over saturated witht he settings i get from the filter. is this cause im using hdmi? should i leav color in the neutral spot on hdmi?

·
Registered
10,945 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by xenokai /forum/post/12974336

so its normal for the the yellow to appear green under the blue filter? I also noticed movies seem over saturated witht he settings i get from the filter. is this cause im using hdmi? should i leav color in the neutral spot on hdmi?

No, that's not accepteable. Blue filter is the "base" that has to look right, even if it means that red and green filters show some squares not right.

You are expecting far too much from gel filters if you expect that your color will look "right" in all IRE (brightness/contrast levels) from just setting at a certain brightness with the color gel filters.

To really get things right you need to set grayscale and you need a meter to do that.

Also, HDMI has nothing to do with this.

·
Registered
3,286 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by xenokai /forum/post/12974336

Yellow and blue make green? Really with the blue filter you'll only be looking at gray, blue, magenta, and cyan because those colors contain blue. What the other colors look like when looking through the blue filter is irrelevant.

There was a question on the thread for my TV so I checked using filters against using an Xrite Display LT. The color filter was three settings higher for my TV than what the Display LT was showing. It seems possible that filters could result in a slightly-high setting.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
My tvs Movie mode had these preset settings......

Color Temp: Warm

Brightness 21

Contrast 45

Saturation 27

Hue 26

sharp 3

backlight 35

While they wasnt all currect this is what i got after calibration

Brightness 10

contrast 47

Saturation 27

Hue 27

Sharpness 4

Backlight 35

Using the neutral color temp the sat and hue are 27/27

and on warm setting it show color as 28 and hue 27. Anyway my question is Could the movie mode of been set near currectly? maybe tint should be 26 and color 27 just like the presets? I want a good tint color but i dont wanna see pinkish reds. its a bit confusing but my tv's pic Q has come along way from its presets and looks much better then it did when i got it. I just wanna get the tint just right and color =/

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
btw what do you all recommend a color bar with flashing bars or just a color sheet? on the flashing ones i looked for the most even colors and the setting that seem to flash the least. the other color bar pattern i have is on th spiderman 3 blu ray disk.

·
Registered
10,945 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by xenokai /forum/post/12985167

My tvs Movie mode had these preset settings......

Color Temp: Warm

Brightness 21

Contrast 45

Saturation 27

Hue 26

sharp 3

backlight 35

While they wasnt all currect this is what i got after calibration

Brightness 10

contrast 47

Saturation 27

Hue 27

Sharpness 4

Backlight 35

Using the neutral color temp the sat and hue are 27/27

and on warm setting it show color as 28 and hue 27. Anyway my question is Could the movie mode of been set near currectly? maybe tint should be 26 and color 27 just like the presets? I want a good tint color but i dont wanna see pinkish reds. its a bit confusing but my tv's pic Q has come along way from its presets and looks much better then it did when i got it. I just wanna get the tint just right and color =/

Seeing as you haven't mentioned the model of the TV it would be rather hard to tell you anything about these settings.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts