AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
19,586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone done a review of the DVD yet? If not, I'll give one later tonight after I watch it.

·
Registered
19,586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well, having not seen it in the theater, I wasn't sure exactly what to expect. I have to say that its not really my cup of tea, since its really more for the kiddies. But it did have some amazing looking scenes. It was a bit soft overall, but it looked like that was the overall look and probably not a shortcoming of the transfer, which I assumed got the big bucks treatment. Given that some of the f/x scenes like the Kwiditch (sp?) game were quite sharp, that would lead me to believe that the transfer was showing all the detail that was there. The sound track had bombastic moments and lots of quiet moments. It sounded quite good overall. The menus were of the 'ever so cute, but get on your nerves if you just want to get to the movie' type.

The extras disc was kind of frustrating. Again, it was one of the ever so clever types of menus, which is designed to be maze to solve. But if you aren't interested in the maze and just want to see the extras, it could be a bit of a chore. I watched the interview part but then kind of gave up because it wasn't worth it and the TT player wouldn't operate the mouse on any but the top level menus.

Anyway, if you are a fan, I'm sure you won't be disappointed. It looked more than good enough and sounded more than good enough, even though not really stunning on either count I thought. There are probably lots more extras if you are willing to fish them out.

·
Registered
5,132 Posts
I thought it's not out till 5/28/02. How did you get yours so early?

·
Registered
554 Posts
********** shipped 'em early...and for only $17.96 incl shipping.

(Edited by moderator to delete the name of the retailer - Larry Davis)

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
Please don't publicly mention the names of companies that ship DVD's early. Believe it or not, they can be fined for releasing DVD's before the street date. Publicly naming these companies ruins a good thing for people who do get DVD's early.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.