AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my ReplayTV 5160 from Amazon yesterday and after playing around with it a bit I have to say this is one of the best purchases I've made in recent memory. This is my first PVR, so it is somewhat of a novelty but I can already see it changing my habits for watching TV.

I have had a few hiccups with CA, but I haven't really had a chance to try it with more then a few shows/networks yet. Otherwise this is one of the coolest things I own. My fan does not seem to be very loud, although I can hear it if I listen for it. I am used to my computer, which has 8 fans altogether so maybe I'm just used to the sound of fans.

Also I would like to thank all of you in the forums here for helping me make my decision. It's always nice to know there is a community for a product.

-Lakanta

·
Registered
6,207 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by lakanta
I just got my ReplayTV 5160 from Amazon yesterday and after playing around with it a bit I have to say this is one of the best purchases I've made in recent memory. This is my first PVR, so it is somewhat of a novelty but I can already see it changing my habits for watching TV.
You better believe it. In 2 weeks you'll wonder how you got along with it... :)
Quote:
my computer, which has 8 fans
Sounds like you're ready to upgrade to the big boys :cool:
http://wtsun.eas.asu.edu/images/good4c.gif

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
I wish I had a 5160. I have been waiting for a month now for GoodGuys to get them in stock (they won't even let you pre-order them) and I missed the few seconds that they were in stock at Amazon.com

I don't even see that model for sale at ReplayTV.com

I am sick of waiting, but I do want the 5160.:(

·
Registered
14 Posts
Ordered my 5160 on Nov. 29 from Amazon, still waiting....check it 3 times a day! This will be my first PVR, getting awful excited reading about people receiving thiers. Mine still says item not yet shipped.......I'm wearing out the carpet!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
142 Posts
Anyone notice that Amazon has changed their release date for the 5160? Mine's supposed to get here today, but the tracking number shows no scans :( Also, Sonicblue isn't selling the 5160 on their site. I wonder if someone at Amazon screwed up and shipped them before they were supposed to.

Anxiously awaiting...

Aaron

·
Registered
24 Posts
Apparently, Goodguys.com now has the 5160s in stock. They sent me an email notice on Saturday, December 14 saying that my 5160 was in the warehouse and would ship within 24 hours. I doubt that they're really shipping on a Sunday, but it's close enough.

·
Registered
752 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by nineball
I'm pretty jealous. I got a couple of 80's but I wish I would have waited a little longer for a 160 instead.
Hi Nineball,

I was just wondering, you said you had a couple of 80gigs, but wish you waited for the 160.

Did you mean you would have gotten (2)160's?

Because two 80's is equal to the storage of one 160, and two 80's lets you stream between rooms and have dual tuner capability etc.

How did you fill up 160 gigs of weekly shows?

Unless, you never delete and use them as video servers for archive

then I can understand. mine would fill up in 2 weeks also.

But I just got in the habit of watching and deleting and if its really worth it transferring to dvd for storage.

Just curious :confused:

Anthony

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.