AVS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was having problems with my A2. This was the second HDDVD player I had that had problems. It was under warranty still, so I sent it in.

I finally hooked it up last night. Put in a new hddvd, and it didn't play all the way through.

Oh well. I'm giving up on this. When it works, the picture and sound are great. But it doesn't work for the length of an entire movie, and the studios are not supporting it.

I think I'll wait another year or so before getting a bluray player, though. I just don't think it's worth investing any further time or money in right now.

·
Registered
104 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonvn /forum/post/12945967

I was having problems with my A2. This was the second HDDVD player I had that had problems. It was under warranty still, so I sent it in.

I finally hooked it up last night. Put in a new hddvd, and it didn't play all the way through.

Oh well. I'm giving up on this. When it works, the picture and sound are great. But it doesn't work for the length of an entire movie, and the studios are not supporting it.

I think I'll wait another year or so before getting a bluray player, though. I just don't think it's worth investing any further time or money in right now.

Which movie? Is there any possibility it is a disc problem?

Did the repair facility update the firmware for you?

I own an A2 and it's been pretty solid.

·
Registered
794 Posts
My A2 was rock solid until I bricked it doing the 2.7 firmware upgrade. I've had it since April '07 and I don't think I've had to force a reboot more than once. Never ran across a disc it couldn't play.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oh well. Glad to hear you're doing better with yours.

I'll stick to regular DVDs. They work and the studios support them.

·
Registered
2,089 Posts
Feel free to send those HD DVD's this way, as my A2 has been near perfect.

·
Registered
600 Posts
I have 2 a2's. One is even beaten reguarly by my one and half year old. Perfect player

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If you want to buy the HD DVDs I have, you can PM me. Since they don't work in the player, they pretty much are of little use.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts