AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All tips are welcome.Anyone knows what's the best set up for it ?(links or posts)

Do I have to go in the service menu ?

Thanks

·
Registered
741 Posts
Don't go into the service menu until you are comfortable doing so. Use Avia to get familliar with how the set should look and how to make the adjustments. Keep your contrast (picture) setting low. This is the biggest thing for new TV's and users that are not familliar with the settings. The contrast should be no more than 50% on DV TV's, but more like 30-40%.

There are tons of threads on the 34XBR800. The tweaks and FAQ threads are great. Read them!

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I keep the contrast around 60-70%,otherwise I can't see well,Have you try watching "Reign of Fire" with the contrast around 30-40%.You just can't see the movie.

Thanks

·
Registered
186 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by jeff lam
The contrast should be no more than 50% on DV TV's, but more like 30-40%.
That's the conventional unconventional wisdom, if you will, but on my 36hs500 I found that I could adjust my Picture all the way up (well, actually 3 or 4 bars from the top). I also found that I needed to adjust the brightness up, which again goes against the convential unconventional wisdom.

My tip is more specific: If you're using the Avia disc with some Toshiba DVD players, the menu won't work properly. The selected indicator won't appear. To fix it, hit the subtitle button on the remote twice, then the menu button.

·
Registered
741 Posts
Quote:
I keep the contrast around 60-70%,otherwise I can't see well,Have you try watching "Reign of Fire" with the contrast around 30-40%.You just can't see the movie.

Thanks
It mostly depends on your lighting conditions. If you have good light control and a decent TV, then you should be able to see even more detail at 40% contrast than 70%. Sure the picture is brighter at 70% but the picture becomes washed out and you lose detail real quick.

I have watched "Reign of Fire" at my normal 30% contrast on my sony 32HV600 and didn't have any problems seeing the picture. This was in my normal movie viewing environment with very little ambient light.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.