Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

Got my upgraded 5800 back today, I dropped it off on Monday and got it back today. I must say that was a lot quicker than I thought. Have hooked it back up and it sounds a little better than I remember. I have not had time to to a setup, but it looks promising.

·
Registered
484 Posts
Keep us up to date on the update please! I'm very interested in how

well the upgrade goes.

·
Registered
708 Posts
Sent my receiver in last Thursday (09-May-2002) via UPS Ground. Received my upgraded receiver about 2.5 hours ago for a total turnaround time of 8 days. Two things:

1) Yes it does sound "better" -- can't wait to hear it when I get all the settings dialed back in with the sound level meter!!

2) I have a black receiver and the black decal looks fine. Yes, its obvious from up close, but not from a distance. It definitely looks better than the gold decals on the gold receivers.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I keep looking to this site to see if anyone is commenting on the 5800 upgrade. My number is up and I am seeking justification to unhook all of my home theater gear in order to send in the 5800 for the upgrade. Is it worth it? Somebody talk to me!

·
Registered
307 Posts
I think it was worth it. I havent decided ifI like pl2 for music better the 7.1 sterio or not. And the stickers dont look to bad IMHO and 2 more coxal digital ins helps me ...

When it comes right to it I couldnt see selling it and mabee geting what I want and still spending more money than the upgrade would have costed to get a 5803...Except for a few little things, I have a brand new machine, which came back really shiny.. And it was my remote cause the buttons never changed from my what I made them...

One good thing about it. I was away in England so I didnt miss the dam thing while it was upgraded.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Still looking for reviews of the upgrade

I keep looking to this site to see if anyone is commenting on the 5800 upgrade. My number is up and I am still seeking justification to unhook all of my home theater gear in order to send in the 5800 for the upgrade. Is it worth it? I would love to hear some references.

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
If anyone is on the fence about doing the upgrade or not, they better make up their mind pretty soon. According to my local dealer, Denon is not accepting any more registrations after June 30th.

·
Registered
484 Posts
Whoa, gotta get moving on my upgrade then. What's the procedure to register for the upgrade?

Thanks,

John

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I am very happy with the upgrade. While I don't have time to do a complete reveiw, my HT has been in a state of flux for some time, the sound quality to really good and the DPL II works well. I thought the price was a bit steep, but In the long run it was cheaper for my to do the upgrade than to buy a new receiver, safer too(WAF).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.