AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My SD-533HD5 was delivered today. The older BestBuy delivery man was inside the house looking at where he was going to put it and when we went outside and saw that the younger "kid" had offloaded it from the truck and had removed the box. My HDTV was now sitting uncovered in the middle of my driveway in the rain!!!!!! I grabbed a beach towel and threw it over the top and the two delivery dudes started to argue about how to lift it!!!! The BestBuy salesman were great unlike the two clowns causing me to have a heart failure.

I heard the DTC-100 VGA signal causing the picture to automatically go into "FULL" was corrected. It was not but I'm still learning about this beautiful set.

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
So, did the HDTV survie the "bath"? Did you have to return it? Did you complain to BestBuy?

Peace.....

------------------

Peace....

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It doesn't look the worse for wear. I'm just happy to get it as I've been looking for the SD-532HD5 for a long time and since BestBuy just got only one SD-533HD5 the previous night I jumped at the chance. I wanted a monitor to fit in a space I've built between two doors and one that can connect to the DTC-100 via VGA. The width of the monitor and a BOSE subwoofer just fits. The older delivery guy told the younger "dude" that he usually keeps at least the plastic on an appliance until it gets into the house. When they were lifting it, he told the younger one to sit in the truck and he would do it by himself.

What a circus. I still have plenty of hours left of playing before I look at the owners manual (typical guy thing).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.