AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I replaced my polk system with some new focal chorus bookshelves and center also 2 polk psw111 subs one up front and then one in the rear. I have an Onkyo 806

I have used the auto calibration tool in the past and it doesnt really seem to help....however right now I have everything set to factory defaults. Distance, size etc is not setup.

I also noticed the focals say 8 ohm on the back and the receiver is set to 6...should I change that to 8?

also right now when i watch a blu ray or dvd I have the receiver setting at THX cinema and it sounds pretty damn good.

thanks any info would be great and I want to know if anyone else used the AC tool and wasnt happy with it??

·
Registered
7,816 Posts
Rerun Audyssey with those speakers. Also leave it set to 6 ohm setting. Changing it to 8 ohm reduces the power from the AVR. Use all the power you can for those fronts. If you don't like what Audyssey does you can always turn it off and set the speakers distance,size manually. You may also want to turn on Audyssey Dynamic Eq after running this Eq program.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.