AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi - new user/new member, first question [and could be a dumb one!]. Finally got my 4504 functioning, however doing so seems to have eliminated my ability to watch videos even though I've got my VCR hooked independently into a second input group on my monitor [Replay into the first group]. This doesn't seem to be like needing a splitter ala watching an over the air/cable show while recording, but I'm stumped.

If I disconnect the outputs from Replay, will that free up the inputs on the TV/monitor? Or, have I forever forsaken watching my old videos since I got this new Replay gizmo? Thanks, David [also curious just who authorized this cold weather for Massachusetts!]

·
Registered
465 Posts
I have both hooked up to my TV and can watch what I like. I assume you are changing the TV inout setting between the two devices, are you not? Video 1, Video 2, etc.

jack

·
Registered
69 Posts
I have seen newer TV set's that will switch to whatever input is present, sometimes with a precident given to the input of a "Higher Quality". For example, my RCA rear projection unit has a Composite video input as well as a Component video input. I have the Component input filled by my DVD player and the Composite comes from an IR camera over the baby's crib. When I power down the DVD, I get a picture of a baby. :) This also works great for watching Replay TV w/a baby in the Picture in a Picture.

So, you might try powering down the replay to see if your VCR appears... Of course, you could always place the VCR between the cable outlet on the wall and the tv and use RF to watch TV... But then you'd probably need a RF splitter... I s'pose more ASCII art if I need to draw a diagram :)

·
Registered
6,497 Posts
Ilusion may be on the right track. I have an outboard automatic video switcher which selects for viewing the "last" video signal to come on line. Can't use it in the automatic switching mode with the Replays because a Replay is ALWAYS outputting a valid video signal, even when in the STANDBY mode (OFF) it's outputting video black. However, the switcher has a manual mode as well which overcomes this problem.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.