AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The installer showed up with my 6000 today with the 8VSB module! Very good installer too, I must say.

However I was trying to program my OFA Cinema 7 to operate it with no luck after he left. When I went down stairs and tried it on my other 6000, it worked fine. I'm thinking the IR portion of the 6000 is defective, but how can I test it?

I took the UHF antenna off the back, but the Dish remote still works fine. The installer changed the remote address to 13 on the new 6000 so it wouldn't be affecting the other reciever, does this affect the IR in any way? My other Dish remote won't work it when I stand in front of it and aim at the IR window.

Any ideas other than the obvious one of calling Dish and asking for another 6000? Thanks!

·
Registered
6,557 Posts
Well, your other 6000 remote won't control it if it has a different address. Considering that he changed the "address" on the new 6000, and you are trying to use the "OFA Cinema 7" (I'm assuming this is a programmable remote) to control it. I think you need to find the "address 13" dish 6000 codes for your programmable remote.

Either that, or set your new 6000 back to default and set your old 6000 to another address.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yep, you're right. I changed it back to original address and all is well. Now I'll have to figure out how to program my remote for a different address, but that's not a big issue. At least the new 6000 isn't defective!

By the way, the "refurbished" 6000 looks to be brand new to me!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.