AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got the M2 micro projector from aaxa technologies but they released the P4 which is a battery powered projector which I thought would be fun to have.

With the iPhone 4S now having the mirroring ability that the iPad 2 has I thought it would be fun to use them together outside. I could do this with my iPad 2.. but the the iPad 2 just isn't as portable as my iPhone.
Size Reference top view (ipad vs iphone vs aaxa P4 pico, vs aaxa wireless keyboard)

The wireless keyboard can be plugged into the pico projector itself and use as remote since it can control all the functions of the projector, or used for the windows ce portion of the projector.
Size Reference side view(ipad vs iphone vs aaxa P4 pico, vs aaxa wireless keyboard)

As you can see the p4 is smaller than the M2. its not much longer than an iphone but it is a bit thicker.

I played the charlie brown special off youtube to test since I know all my little cousins will probably be watching this on TV. I want to give them a wowing experience.

This is running off batteries which is less bright than what it would be plugged in but it is definitely watchable.

I also took some pictures when I went to walk my dog. Really trying to test out how powerful a real battery powered projector could be. This is just the youtube menu screen.

ANd saving the best for last... although this is TOTALLY impractical. I tried projecting at the grass as the park.. I cant accurately estimate the size... but im guessing 300 inches or larger.. Obviously its not super clear(its on grass.. for one.. and pico projectors are not meant to make 300 inch screens). the more i look at this picture the bigger the projector looks. If you take a look at the backround look how tiny the playground looks compared to the image.
I wonder how bright it would be on a white surface though instead of dark green grass....

pretty crazy how this a little pico projector can project such bright images. The 80 lumens is way brighter than the other picos that I saw that are currently available. I was happy with my M2, and now I'm happy with my P4. Sure they are some goofy things about the projector, but all I care about is image quality and value.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's nice to have a portable projector. You can set up a screen to watch pretty much anywhere. I guess if you have a "real" home theater you wouldn't want to bother using this as a replacement but for those of us who just like tech gadgets, and like to be able to watch a good 70-80" image with their projector this works pretty well.

I don't have the space for a good home theater(a giant wall or room for surround sound speakers) so this is my temporary replacement.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts