AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up my Screen Goo from the Melbourne Home Entertainment Show. The containers got squashed in my suitcase on the flight back, but didn't break open and turn my clothes grey.

Now do I assume this is a water based paint and therefore I should rinse the roller with water between the 4 applications (2 basecoat and 2 topcoat)

Now I'm going to be painting on MDF. The instructions say that raw surfaces should be primed first with common white latex primer. Does that mean I still need need to use a white primer first, then 2 goo basecoats and then 2 goo topcoats? Or can I just start with the goo basecoat?

·
Registered
6,660 Posts
You can start with the Goo basecoat, if the surface is white already. Two rollers should be used, so as to have a fresh enough roller for the critical layers, ie, the Topcoat. You don't want to be using the most worn roller on the most critical layer.. which is the last one.

One roller for both the basecoat layers. One roller for the Topcoat layers. Wrap up the roller with plastic between coats, to keep it wet. In this way, the wear from too much cleaning is not taking place. If you only have the one roller, leave it wet between coats, so you only have to clean it once, which is when you switch to putting on the Topcoat.

·
Registered
13 Posts
rollers are cheap, just buy 4 of them.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.