AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Boy is this un-user friendly. The menus are deep and often hard to navigate. The desciption of the test is long and drawn out, often seperated by many menus from the test pattern. The last calibration disc I used was Avia, it was much more clear and friendly.

·
Registered
6,241 Posts
My disc is on the way, so I have not had a chance to play with it.

Having read Joe Kane's stuff in WSR, I guess I am not shocked that some of the descriptions and procedures are long winded and drawn out. The man never fails to leave me in the dust!

It is also disappointing to know that I will probably never be able to afford a HD display that meets Joe's very critical requirements. Oh well, I will at least be able get the most out of what I can afford.

Having said that, I also expect that the tests are instructions on DVE are the most detailed, and authoritative available. Hopefully, once you go through it once, you should be able to just call up the appropriate patterns and tweak as needed.

I do have the original VE as well as AVIA. No question that the UI on AVIA is about as simple and easy to navigate as it gets. And I thought that the patterns were easier to use, particularly the black level and color bars with the animation.

Hopefully DVE borrows some of that.

BGL

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.