AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After receiving close to 50 HD Yankee home games through Cablevision this year the spicket has runeth dry. Instead we are stuck with Faux (or is that Fox?) for now and the future.

Fox has been sharing their DTV station on the Empire State Building with WOR. When they started that, my normal DTV non HD Fox-44 channel broke up into artifacts every 15 seconds or so, rendering the broadcast useless.

To make matters worse, the Yankees will not be on MSG any more. Supposedly, the contract ran out last year and this years signal was done piecemeal.

On the bright side, Steinbrenner is forming a new entity with the Yankees, Devils & Nets and hope to broadcast the games through a new channel. No word on its progress, no word on HD, no word, period. Just confirmation from Faux for non HD broadcasts. I wonder what Cablevision is going to do with those beautiful HD cameras hanging around Yankee Stadium (I assure you, they are the real deal)?

Maybe I'll just go back to radio only broadcasts. Say, have they invented HD radio yet? That's the ticket! HD radio...

·
Registered
220 Posts
I've noticed that same thing (breaking up) with the OTA fox signal (44-1) since they started sharing with WOR. I have a very strong signal but it's still a mess. WOR on 44-2 looks fine.

-Greg

·
Registered
220 Posts
I care because I enjoy some of the shows on Fox (NY Giants games, Dark Angel, X-Files, ...) and the OTA digital feed can be better than the feed from Dish (if FOX isn't hosing it up). No matter how great the picture is the show itself is still the most important thing and "better" is still better even if it is disapointing that they have no interest in "best".

-Greg

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.