Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Banned
3,403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I received the Toshiba SD-4800 this afternoon hooked it to my IN3504 component

switcher. The first movie I tried was 2.35:1 non anamorphic "Deep Impact" with the zoom controls, towards the bottom on the left. I raised the aspect ratio in Interlaced or Progressive Scan, it's great to see the anamorphic big pic instead of the small plain jane 2.35:1.

This Toshiba was worth every penny I also found it it can do DVD-A, not that I am interested in music without the group in concert or in video. Sennheiser 5 sounds into headphones worked like a charm, I am using Denon AHD-750 30 low Ohm inpedence PQ for my 'cans'. I can now buy all the non-anamorphic discs then upscale them to anamorphic range. There is a lot of titles that came out non-anamorphic, I am going to relook over the titles now that I can handle all aspect ratios; on any R1 disc.

Anyone else have any pros or cons about this capable machine? The remote beeps when pushed, whose silver serpents are now going thru IN3504 to my RCA F-38310 HDTV

Wow what a nice pic from the Tobshiba Progressive scan DVD player to HDTV. Price I paid $199, $206 with shipping that was done overnite, I live only 72 miles from distributor. Any one have any comments or questions please respond.:)

O/T I had put on a post for help in finding room no-one responded, so I took the Sony CX-850D off; that had the most non-anamorphic discs in it. I will put them back in cases in lockable cabinets that held Vhs cassetes in the Sauder High End Gloss Hardwood. Naming one cabinet for non-anamorphic discs.

Where there is a will there is a way, I have strong one. 4 DVD players are on line including 3 Progressive Scan and 1 interlaced changer utilizing all 5 silver serpent component cables 4-1 meter and 1-2 meter into RCA F-38310JX4 with 13,966 hours on the odometer since delivery on June 2, 2001.

·
Registered
61 Posts
You can turn that annoying remote confirmation off in the menus. Although I loved the picture from this player, I just couldn't get past the display on the unit itself. It only shows four digits max. This means having to cycle through the displays just to determine which track on a CD is playing! Also, the player is just dreadfully slow at just about everything. I would still recommend this player for the money, as it can't be beat. Well, the Panny RP82 and the Sony 755 DVD/SACD players come in a very close second.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.