AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13,771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yes! One of my all time favorite 80's flicks is finally coming out on DVD this August. The very funny and entertaining GOTCHA, starring a young and not bald Anthony Edwards, with a young and (for a moment) topless Linda Fiorentino, has only been available in a lousy open matted version on VHS and laserdisc. The LD doesn't even have digital sound, so this will be a real treat. Anamorphic widescren and DD2.0 (likely 2 channel mono, unless they remixed to stereo).

"Your pencil is big and yellow?"

"Wee"

"Oh. Nice for you."

:D

Also, the underrated early 80's action flick Ffolks, starring Roger Moore is due the same day. August 12th for $15. Ffolks is a strange but fun film with an eccentric Moore performance (sporting a beard) and a memorable music score.

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
I thought they had renamed 'Ffolks' to something bland and violent. Last time I saw it on TV it was called something else.

·
Registered
13,771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Something HIJACK or other. MCA is keeping the original title, thank God.

·
Registered
776 Posts
Saw the Gotcha announcement and got all giddy, too:D I was actually contemplating trying out the old LD on my HS10, but now I'll just wait!

·
Registered
13,771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
DeepDiscountDVD.com has GOTCHA! and FFOLKS for under $10 each. Pre-order, of course.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.