AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 2892 Posts

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought it might be helpful to start a thread specifically for people looking to schedule GOW multiplayer matches. I see people starting threads every time they want to play, but it might be easier if we had one specific thread where people can either organize multiplayer matches or check in to see if there are any going on. Also, it would be nice to have a running list of AVS GOW players. Anyone know how to get threads stickied?

Gamertag: terryb28. I'm on most evenings.

·
Registered
240 Posts
I've played through GOW but I haven't played it online yet. I'd like to give it a try. I'm on a few nights a week after around 9pm EST.

My gamertag is Fiveprime.

Disclaimer:

I'm new at playing console games online and right now I suck at them. Last night, for the first time ever, I played a FPS online that wasn't PC based. I played COD3 on the 360 and I sucked! Every game I got into was full of Pro gamers and they hammered me - over and over and over. So don't expect too much from me until I get used to not having a keyboard and mouse.

Also, I'm not sure how much the headset/mic is needed for these games, but you won't be hearing much from me. My 7yr old son is not allowed to see "killing games" yet, therefore I have to play them after he goes to bed. I play with a pair of headphones on and without using the headset/mic because my talking keeps him awake - and he has no problem getting out of bed and going downstairs to see what I'm doing. He has some kind of weird 6th sense for knowing when I'm playing a video game he's not supposed to see. It's freaky.

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
nice. I'll send you a friend request. I'm no expert myself, just looking for some down to earth people to play with.

·
Registered
7,802 Posts
Interesting. I have a 360, and GoW is my only game. My wife got me a 360 and this game for Christmas (don't really know why), but as it turns out, I really enjoy it. I haven't joined xbox Live or anything like that, but it sounds pretty fun. I like Fiveprime's disclaimer. The same goes for me. The prospect of getting into an online game, only to get the hell beat out of me, doesn't sound too good. I'm going to try to set up a Live account tonight or Saturday. The thought of playing online games with a bunch of kids has always kept me from showing too much interest in it.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sb1 /forum/post/0

Interesting. I have a 360, and GoW is my only game. My wife got me a 360 and this game for Christmas (don't really know why), but as it turns out, I really enjoy it. I haven't joined xbox Live or anything like that, but it sounds pretty fun. I like Fiveprime's disclaimer. The same goes for me. The prospect of getting into an online game, only to get the hell beat out of me, doesn't sound too good. I'm going to try to set up a Live account tonight or Saturday. The thought of playing online games with a bunch of kids has always kept me from showing too much interest in it.

I have played with a bunch of people from AVS before and I can say that I have NEVER had a bad experience. Even if people stink, its still fun to play with people over the age of 10 that aren't talking about your mother every two seconds. They only talk about your mom once a minute.

·
Registered
2,282 Posts

Quote:
The thought of playing online games with a bunch of kids has always kept me from showing too much interest in it.

This has been a topic here for awhile...The guys here are really great. With AVS'ers you can't go wrong. Look for the guys from 2old2play as well. I have been having some great fun with those cats here lately. All are mature and don't get caught up in that win-at any cost attitude. (infact one of the guys mistakenly opened a public room and asked a couple random entries if they were from 2old2play...when they didn't respond, he dumped the room and re-opened with a private room and re-invited everyone. I will never forget his words as we re-joined..."We don't want any good players in here, we like people who are medium to moderately sucky.") We all laughed and laughed.

Add me, GT is below...

·
Registered
6,992 Posts
I've been wanting to try out the multiplayer for awhile, but much like a previous poster, I'm new to this whole FPS on a console thing and I'm not very good, even at the SP game. I haven't made it very far in GOW but haven't really invested the time in it, as I've been tied up with other things.

I've never really played online, and frankly, I'm a bit intimidated to jump into this whole online gaming thing (Wait, I have to talk to people?), but I have the trial gold membership for another couple of weeks, so I should at least try it out. Maybe next week since I'm not around much this weekend, and any XBOX time will be limited to playing Lego Star Wars with my kid.

Man, I feel old. Anyhoo, my gamertag is ThePropers....not very original I know. I'll try to hook up with you guys next week to test the waters. Hopefully you won't make me run away crying

On a side note, if another newbie at GOW is interested in playing through co-op, I'd be interested. It sounds fun, so maybe we could suck at it together.

·
Registered
1,032 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dboss /forum/post/0

I have played with a bunch of people from AVS before and I can say that I have NEVER had a bad experience. Even if people stink, its still fun to play with people over the age of 10 that aren't talking about your mother every two seconds. They only talk about your mom once a minute.

YEP! The AVS and AGE guys are a great bunch to play with.

·
Registered
155 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mproper /forum/post/0

Maybe next week since I'm not around much this weekend, and any XBOX time will be limited to playing Lego Star Wars with my kid.

On a side note, if another newbie at GOW is interested in playing through co-op, I'd be interested. It sounds fun, so maybe we could suck at it together.

new to this as well, I'll be sending out FR to you guys, would love to play co-op or multiplayer with people with the same skill level and maturity

Gamertag: treek22

PS. Lego Star Wars is awesome, my 4 yr old and I have a blast, Gears comes on well after 9pm, once he goes to bed...unfortunately the volume is turned down quite a bit

·
Registered
53 Posts
Add me in on the list as well. Former PC gamer tired of the constant upgrades. Still getting used to the controls in GoW but want to play with some mature people on multiplayer sometimes.

Trying to beat the game on insane now and having lots of fun.

Gamer tag is: Oppozition

·
Registered
8 Posts
Alright, I'm in too...haven't been playing online much...but have improved my skills playing the single player...friend requests welcome...and if something gets scheduled count me in...maybe that'll get me to play more often if I have a commitment to attend...

my GT is ChuckTu

·
Registered
9,433 Posts
I'm interested in getting online again as well. My Gold membership expired and I've just been waiting on a sale to pop up to renew. I've got GoW and R6:Vegas that I have beat on single player normal and I'd like to multiplayer or co-op with them.

Same as fiveprime in that my wife doesn't like the little one to hear all the shooting so I have to play it later in the evening. I've also sold all the tube TV's in the house so I only have the one main TV that I have to share.

Anyway, Gamertag is Bryansj

·
Registered
1,032 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by treek22 /forum/post/0

new to this as well, I'll be sending out FR to you guys, would love to play co-op or multiplayer with people with the same skill level and maturity

Gamertag: treek22

PS. Lego Star Wars is awesome, my 4 yr old and I have a blast, Gears comes on well after 9pm, once he goes to bed...unfortunately the volume is turned down quite a bit

My 4 yr old and I just finished Lego SW. It was alot of fun. He enjoyed chopping me up with the light saber.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
I'm on sporadically and keep saying I should have more AVS folks on my friends list (/wave a Jetrii). I'm mediocre at online Gears, but would like to play more with folks that aren't just interested in getting their frag tags or curb stomping pickup groups with their clan.

gamertag- xXxorogogusxXx

·
Registered
4,340 Posts
I'm online playing Gears many nights during the week. I have a 4 year old, as well, and I usually end up playing after 9:30 EST or so. The AVS and AGE guys are great to play with. We usually end up with people of varying skill level on both teams. Nobody gets pissed at anyone for not playing up to their level. Despite the fact that I play often, I still suck at it.

GamerTag: ShapeGSX

Please put "AVS" in your motto on XBox Live so that it is easier to keep track of people.

·
Registered
765 Posts
I wanna play! I suck as bad as the next guy- and the next guy REALLY sucks. I'm usually on after 9:30pm EST. Send me a request!

GT: deathpallie

1 - 20 of 2892 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.