AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Signed in this morning just to check something and there was an update for Gears. Anyone know what this was??

·
Registered
707 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRALFAZ /forum/post/0

They need to address the "boring glitch" by adding more than team deathmatch.

lol

How about the glitch that makes me so bad at this game online? You know, the glitch that makes me average only one kill for every ten rounds I play?

·
Registered
4,234 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRALFAZ /forum/post/0

They need to address the "boring glitch" by adding more than team deathmatch.

In the latest EGM they interviewed Cliffy B and he said he sees no need for it now but in the future its a possibility and left it at basically "We are Epic we support our games long past their lifespan to make them more interesting"...So I could definately see that as a likely scenario in the future.

·
Registered
16,923 Posts
Maybe it has something to do with the recent 'hacking' issue ... ?

--- Jason

·
Registered
71 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Bull /forum/post/0

lol

How about the glitch that makes me so bad at this game online? You know, the glitch that makes me average only one kill for every ten rounds I play?

Haha man, that's the truth! I can beat this entire game on Insane but once I step into multiplayer I get CRUSHED. It's pretty pathetic watching myself play actually..

Back on topic though.. there was speculation on the IGN forums that the new update decreased the power of the shotgun. Just a rumor though.

·
Registered
176 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatguyjosh /forum/post/0

Haha man, that's the truth! I can beat this entire game on Insane but once I step into multiplayer I get CRUSHED. It's pretty pathetic watching myself play actually..

Back on topic though.. there was speculation on the IGN forums that the new update decreased the power of the shotgun. Just a rumor though.

oh great, that means only chainsaws and taggers. At least the shotgun gave us a chance.

·
Registered
750 Posts
I agree. They should try to eliminate the huge host advantage.

·
Registered
237 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by perpetual /forum/post/0

I agree. They should try to eliminate the huge host advantage.

Sounds like I need to start hosting!!!

First I've herd of this. But good info

·
Registered
151 Posts
I have only had my Xbox for a short amount of time but still I get a very uneasy feeling when i see the update screen for the games and for the dashboard. I have read issues with dashboard updates "Bricking" systems. I would like to know why they patch it. How hard would it be for Microsoft or epic to put something saying why we are doing it.

·
Registered
464 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Management /forum/post/0

What is really the advantage to being the host? Does the host not lag or moves faster than everyone? Weapons much more stronger?

The advantage that the host has is his gun shots are a milisecond faster than his/her opponent's, which makes sense since the host is the one who's transmitting and receiving all of the data in the game.

A real world example: Player A is the host and Player B is a 'guest.' Player A & B are about 3 feet from each other going head-on with the shotty. Player B fires his shotgun first then Player A fires his shotgun and kills Player B. Even though Player B had the first shot and all other things being equal (i.e., aiming).

When I've hosted matches, I've noticed that it's a tad easier to kill opponents with the shotty.

·
Registered
2,750 Posts
In online games having the best ping is always beneficial... and a host would have no ping. You will get instant registration of hits and such. It isn't as huge an advantage as pc gaming years ago since everyone has broadband, but there is still a very slight advantage unless the host has a crappy upload, then a big advantage.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.