AVS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello I am getting a new Yamaha rx 775 and want to know if it is possible to use the Mini HDMI for audio by connecting it to the AVR and use a DVI to hdmi cable to connect the gpu to my tv monitor for video.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Hello I am getting a new Yamaha rx 775 and want to know if it is possible to use the Mini HDMI for audio by connecting it to the AVR and use a DVI to hdmi cable to connect the gpu to my tv monitor for video.

No, you can only have one handshake. The good news is, you can go directly from your GPU to the Yamaha, and then out to the monitor. I do this for all of my rigs, it works fine, and you'll get great audio (and video, if it's included on the music file). You won't need a DVI cable for this.

Have a ball, it should work fine.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No, you can only have one handshake. The good news is, you can go directly from your GPU to the Yamaha, and then out to the monitor. I do this for all of my rigs, it works fine, and you'll get great audio (and video, if it's included on the music file). You won't need a DVI cable for this.

Have a ball, it should work fine.
Would this cause any video lag?

·
Registered
7,889 Posts
My computer monitor is connected to my GPU with DVI, and my GPU with mini HDMI to the AVR. I can browse the web and when I want, turn on the AVR and have sound for whatever. Turn on the TV and I can output there as well.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts