Status
Not open for further replies.
321 - 340 of 394 Posts

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by srinivos
...It does not pass muster with the wife and i recently bought a harmony to operate...
I (for one) would be curious to know the DETAILS of what exactly "the wife" didn't like about the RS 15-2117.

Granted, I may not have a "state-of-the-art" setup here, but both the RS 15-2117 and the URC-6131 fit the bill just fine (and I haven't even ordered the JP1 cable yet! :D )

Now, on the other hand, my son has this "cool" remote [big, square LCD screen, IIRC], that he wanted "so-very-badly" and his dear wife bought him for Christmas for ~$150+ and the last time we visited, he spent SEVERAL MINUTES just staring at it "trying" to remember what-did-what. :confused:

Whereas, *ME*, on-the-other-hand, I am just as happy staring at my ~$15 RS 15-2117 (with it's 2-line LCD) trying to remember what-does-what... ;)

·
Registered
1,817 Posts

·
Registered
3,139 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by srinivos
I am not sure this is the right place(if not, please point me to one) but i purchased this remote from RS and used it a few times. It does not pass muster with the wife and i recently bought a harmony to operate. The RF module is not even opened. I am willing to sell it for cost price + shipping. you can mail me at [email protected] . I also purchased the jp1 cable and sell you both for $30 + shipping. Nivas
Your best bet at selling a JP1-enabled remote would be the JP1 forums, so feel free to post something in the Market Place forum if you like.

While on the subject of irrationally priced remotes, you should check out the HT-Pro remote (which is a re-badged "One For All" URC-9910) which can be had from X10.com for just $7.99, and if you spend $50 they'll give you free shipping.

Just FYI, they are using the wrong picture on the site for the HT-Pro, it really looks like this:

http://www.surfremotecontrol.com/Mer...1/HTPRO-lg.jpg

·
Registered
8,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #325
Quote:
Originally posted by The Robman
Your best bet at selling a JP1-enabled remote would be the JP1 forums, so feel free to post something in the Market Place forum if you like.

While on the subject of irrationally priced remotes, you should check out the HT-Pro remote (which is a re-badged "One For All" URC-9910) which can be had from X10.com for just $7.99, and if you spend $50 they'll give you free shipping.

Just FYI, they are using the wrong picture on the site for the HT-Pro, it really looks like this:

Will this remote directly control X10 devices via RF signals?

·
Registered
3,139 Posts

·
Registered
8,140 Posts
Too many pages to scan through... can someone post the method to figure out what protocol a remote is using? I remember there's some jp1 tool, but I can't remember where it's hidden.

Or does IR do this automatically? I see the "disable decode" option. Does IR do this with this option unchecked?

·
Registered
8,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #330
hmmm...

Robman,

Are you absolutely sure that x10 link you gave is really the rebadged URC-9910?!!

The link clearly shows the Model number as being URC-9811B00.

When I put URC-9811B00 in the 'images' tab of Google I saw the same picture as listed on the x10 site. When I put 'HT-Pro' in the 'images' table of Google I saw some URC-9811B00 pictures and some URC-9910 pictures.

When ordered and went to the checkout page it was listed as:

"Universal URC-9811B00 Home Theater LCD Remote Control "

Perhaps they corrected their web page?

or are there Two 'HT-PRO's?

??

·
Registered
8,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #331
Hmm... well it looks like people in the forums of Rob's Remote site have been receiving these remotes and noone is yapping 'Hey! this is the wrong remote'

So I ordered four of them at $8 each and a Infrared Mini-Controller (IR543) for $23
http://www.x10.com/products/x10_ir543.htm

The total was $54.xx so I got free shipping (over $50)

I was primarily after the Infrared mini-controller.

But Check This Out...

4 of these remotes and the Infrared Mini-Controller (IR543) for $54 is a great combination. The remote sends out both IR and RF signals. The remote comes with a box that recieves the RF signals and resends them as IR signals. (The same drill as the Rat Shack 2117s). So just use RF box to resend IR signal into the Infrared Mini-Controller... and presto. you can control all your TVs, VCRs and X10 stuff with the same remote. All of a sudden having 4 of the same remotes makes a lot of sense. After you get one remote how you want it with JP1 you can just copy those settings over to all the other remotes. All the remotes will act the same so you can pick up any one and not be confused. An extra remote can be placed by the front door to turn off lights.. and TVs..

·
Registered
2,197 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by icecow

4 of these remotes and the Infrared Mini-Controller (IR543) for $54 is a great combination. The remote sends out both IR and RF signals. The remote comes with a box that recieves the RF signals and resends them as IR signals. (The same drill as the Rat Shack 2117s). So just use RF box to resend IR signal into the Infrared Mini-Controller... and presto. you can control all your TVs, VCRs and X10 stuff with the same remote. All of a sudden having 4 of the same remotes makes a lot of sense. After you get one remote how you want it with JP1 you can just copy those settings over to all the other remotes. All the remotes will act the same so you can pick up any one and not be confused. An extra remote can be placed by the front door to turn off lights.. and TVs..
This is how I've been using the 2117s since they got so cheap...

But now I need another solution for my basement theatre because the RF signals carry from floor to floor.

This is it!

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
Quote:
...I was primarily after the Infrared mini-controller.
How extensive is your X-10 collection?

I've been using X-10 since the days of BSR (>25 years), with (at least) 50 devices, using a CM11 (previously a TW-523) & (at least) 6 Housecodes (counting in my head: C-Lights, H-Appliances, M-Macros, F-Motion Detectors, L-Basement, P-Chimes). Although I've been following Rob's "$7.99 DEAL" threads, I don't see this as the route to X-10 nirvana, but simply a nice "accessory" (because of the ONE Housecode limit). IMO, one (or more) CM11s [*AVOID* the CM15 at-all-costs at this time!], several RR-501s (or TM-751s), and several PalmPads and some KeyPads are the perfect "economy" ticket for X-10.

At this point, I'm very interested in seeing someone compare the URC-9811B00 to the RS 15-2117 - on the surface, they appear to be "twins" (or at least "kissing cousins") to me.

Regarding both remotes and their X-10 interface, I see their *best* usage as a Macro Selector (for the "most popular" lighting scenes previously programmed) into the CM11.

Quote:
...The remote comes with a box that recieves the RF signals and resends them as IR signals. (The same drill as the Rat Shack 2117s). So just use RF box to resend IR signal into the Infrared Mini-Controller... and presto. you can control all your TVs, VCRs and X10 stuff with the same remote.
*IF* your X-10 inventory is limited to 10 (or 16 [i.e. *ONE* Housecode] - I haven't read the "specs" yet - just guessing) devices or less...

·
Registered
3,139 Posts
If you really want to be able to control several house codes with an IR remote, you should get the hacked IR543AH box from http://www.homeautomationnet.com

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
Quote:
IR543AH: Transmits all (16) X10 House and Unit Codes using many Universal IR Remotes!

Modified version of the IR543 for use with PC programmable remote controls like Pronto, Theater Master, MX1000, InVoca Delux, and many others. This transciever module can control all 256 X10 House and unit codes. Software is included.
And *ONLY* $109.95 each!

Plus, will it work with a "standard" URC/RS JP1-capable remote, or does it require a Pronto, Theater Master, etc... ?

For $110, I can buy a CM11 @ $35 and LOTS of other X-10 "goodies"... ;)

HomeToys Review of the IR543AH

P.S. to The Robman:
Quote:
Originally posted by ClearToLandl
...At this point, I'm very interested in seeing someone compare the URC-9811B00 to the RS 15-2117 - on the surface, they appear to be "twins" (or at least "kissing cousins") to me.

·
Registered
3,139 Posts
Yes the IR543AH is expensive, but if you need it, you need it. The reason it costs so much is because the guy that hacks them is in England, so there's shipping costs back and forth to the UK built into the price, plus they're done by hand.

And yes, you can control the IR543 with a regular JP1 remote, I have loaded an upgrade for it.

The 15-2117, URC-9910 and HT-Pro are all basically the same remote internally, the differences are mostly what you can see. Such as, the 15-2117 has a much better backlight and generally looks better, but the URC-9910/HT-Pro has alot more buttons. he HT-Pro and 9910 are EXACTLY the same remote internally, from a JP1 POV you can't tell them apart. The 15-2117 is not exactly the same, you can consider it a "cousin".

·
Registered
2,197 Posts
My three HT-PROs arrived today (shipping took only 18 hours -- yes hours -- from Harrisburg PA to Darien, CT).

I can at least verify that Rob's picture is correct (not that there was any doubt).

I am in the market for a replacement 2117... anyone interested in a trade for one of these HT PROs????

·
Registered
8,140 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by plyons10
I am in the market for a replacement 2117... anyone interested in a trade for one of these HT PROs????
And you were going to part with one of your extras to help me out... someone help him out!

·
Registered
62 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by The Robman
Unfortunately, they've run out. (Clearly icecow and plyons10 snapped them all up!) I placed an order yesterday, and today received the following from X-10:

Quote:
Greetings from X10.Com.

Please accept my sincere apologies. I contacted the third-party vendor who previously offered the Universal URC-9811B00 Home Theater LCD Remote Control and found that it has been discontinued at their Fulfillment Center; they are unable to obtain it from the manufacturer. This may mean that it has also been discontinued with the manufacturer, although this is merely speculation. We are, therefore, unable to fill your order.

321 - 340 of 394 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.