AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
381 - 394 of 394 Posts

·
Registered
2,197 Posts
Cow... you crazy bat. I'll let you in one a little secret I know -- one simple four letter word that will make sure Liz doesn't kick you out again -- ready????

R I N G!

Get married already and stop this silliness.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Quote:
No code has to be inserted here.
I cancelled my x10 order and looked on ebay I found a guy who says he has 200 well now he has 197 because I just got thee from him. for 11.50 each plus shipping.

They are the real HTPRO units like posted here

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...27#post5202027

·
Registered
3,139 Posts
The seller who has the HT-Pro remotes is "* www.rrdeals.com *", otherwise known as www.bluedo.com . Item #5760368460 is an example listing. The price is $15 plus $15 shipping, but there's no Buy-It-Now, so you'll have to wait and see what the final price is.

There is another seller called "hi-fi-audio" who has a listing for 10 of these (item #5760008499) with a Buy-It-Now price of $30 plus $10 shipping.

The funny thing about the BlueDo listing is that the picture they're using belongs to Surf Remote Control:

http://www.surfremotecontrol.com/Mer...1/HTPRO-lg.jpg

·
Registered
348 Posts
The Robman you are correct. I wasn't sure if it was ok to post the ebay auction info.

This seller does have some of these auctions starting at $9.99. Goto Item #5760368460 and click on view sellers other auctions and you will see the $9.99 items.

This is what I did and Won at $11.50. I emailed the seller told him I wanted three so he sold me two more at $11.50 each.

Shipping at first seems high but he ships everything 2nd day air. If I had a choice I would have paid less and waited but it was nice to get these in two days.

·
Registered
3,139 Posts
Even though none of these auctions have "buy it now", he hasn't listed them very well, so less people are going to spot them and run the price up. All the listings are called "URC9910 HTPro IR & RF BRAND NEW URC-9910 9910", he hasn't included the words "One For All" or "remote" in the subject line, which would have attracted alot more bidders.

However, before you bid on one of these, check the shipping cost, because he seems to keep switching between $15 and $20 (though the 5 remotes that are currently listed all have $15 shipping).

Looking at the completed auctions, the ones with $15 shipping have closed between $9.99 and $15.64. Only 2 of the ones with $20 shipping have closed, one for $9.99 and one for $14.99 (both receiving just 1 bid).

·
Registered
8,140 Posts
Anyone know if this remote (the 15-2117) can work with x10 modules?

Here's why I want to know... I have a monster power center that can operate from a remote trigger. The remote trigger is generally a switched outlet on a receiver. So you keep the receiver always "live" and when you use the remote to power on the recevier the switched outlet goes live triggering the monster power unit to turn on everything else (activate the outlets with power).

My bedroom receiver doesn't have any switched outlets (kenwood N8100 networked digital receiver). What I was thinking of doing is using one of those X-10 transceivers like the TM751, and hook the line out of the TM751 to the trigger line on the power center. My only problem is that I want to know if this remote will work with this transceiver. The transceiver looks to be RF, and I know the remote does RF/IR but is the RF a standard format that will work with the x10 device? I sure hope so, but I don't know.

I have a friend whose an x10 nut, but he couldn't answer my question. (I think I introduced him to x10 close to 20 years ago....) He said they have units that work on both RF and IR... How's this really work? Can I use the 15-2117 to trigger the transceiver to close circuit and give the power center power on the trigger?

·
Registered
2,197 Posts
Jeff, no it won't work directly. The RF capability of the 2117 is not directly exploitable by X10 modules.

You would probably need to get an IR-2-X10 converter. You could place the converter right by the 2117s transceiver. The signal would go RF to the transceiver, IR from transceiver to X10 converter, and then the converter would put out the proper X10 RF signal. The converter you need is called an IR543 box, available of Home Automation Net.

The point being that while the 2117 is capable of putting out x10 IR codes, it does not put out proper X10 RF codes.

·
Registered
8,140 Posts
Peter, IR would be fine for me, but I can't find an x10 transceiver that will take IR. They all look to be RF. I really don't know how to find what I'm looking for. My friend swears there's IR tranceivers, but all the ones I've seen have an antenna, and I can't see an IR eye.

I was thinking the 2117 RF isn't standard control RF, but more a package wrapper that is used by the 2117 and the receiver to send embedded IR commands that the 2117's rf receiver converts back to IR command sequences.

·
Registered
3,139 Posts

·
Registered
8,140 Posts
Crap... I was into x10 back in the 80's and I know once I get back into this stuff I'm going to be "hooked" again. The only reason I was looking into this was because of the problem with my current configuration. Now after looking around, I'm thinking... I could re-do at least a part of the house to really work well with x10. ARRRRGH, another geek toy to get the wife use to...

BTW, thanks guys for helping this noob out.

·
Registered
2,197 Posts
Quote:
No code has to be inserted here.
My wife has barely gotten used to the very first geek toy she ever had (namely, me!)

·
Registered
3,139 Posts
381 - 394 of 394 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.