AVS Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With the addition of GT community on GT5. I think it would be good to start up a list of those who want to get involved on online play. (Hoping that their online will be fully functional with no bugs here soon)

As in, every wednesday night at 9pm having a race among AVS members and keeping a point style tournament/league (NASCAR style). Any interest guys?

Just an idea I'm throwing out there. Post up your PSN tags if you want to get involved. I'll update this thread with those who do want to get in on this.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I'm interested, but would like to know your vision for the league before I agree. I've never been a big fan of one make events, so I'm real interested in trying to figure out various power to weight ratios that would provide the most variety.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I'm in. Sign me up, especially if you're looking for some easy wins!

psn id: SpeedyMcHaggis

·
Registered
445 Posts
I'll race, but I warn you I'm still trying to get pass the VW Bus race!

·
Registered
410 Posts
I have it but havent opened it yet
Kinda waiting to get a steering wheel first. But Im all for it.

Is there a way to limit what cars people choose online? I dont want my civic racing against somone elses X1

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Like what D_M referred to. A power to weight ratio. The part that I'm trying to decide on is whether or not I would alternate those through out the weeks so not everyone is using their bugatti veyron the whole time but might alternate to something like an M3, etc.

I'm throwing around ideas. I figured do a point per place system, not nascar style to keep it simple. 10 weeks, 10 races, 10 racers. 100 points being the highest score possible. Totals kept track on here.

Week 1 being horse power to weight ratio of .3 (300 horsepower for every 1000 lbs.) You can bring something with less power but not more. So if you have a McLaren F1 making 625 horspower and it weighs 2000 lbs exactly then you're SOL. Now if horsepower to weight ratio for that week is .4 then you're all good!

I'm looking for 10 players. You don't have to be awesome but at least know how to play the game. You wouldn't join a fantasy football team without knowing the basics right?

I'll update my OP to reflect those that want in.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yeah. We could start this at the beginning of the year. That way everyone will have enough time to build up their garage. Also, I need to get comfortable with how the online play and lobby is set up to make sure that I don't botch up hosting these matches.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts