AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,367 Posts
I'm picking it up at 10 CST, and I figure with the install I'll be playing about 11. So hopefully I can give a decent opinion of the 3D this afternoon.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjb16 /forum/post/0


I'm picking it up at 10 CST, and I figure with the install I'll be playing about 11. So hopefully I can give a decent opinion of the 3D this afternoon.

Cool, cause I'm not to impressed with black ops in 3d hopefully polyphony digital did a good job
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
336 Posts
I think the 3d is suck on GT5 ! I am using 60LX900! And the 3d effect is full of crosstalk like black ops! So i 'm just play it in 2d mode! I am start to disapointing the game with 3d! Everywhere crosstalk! Double shadow! Drive me crazy!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,367 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoelFL
Cool, cause I'm not to impressed with black ops in 3d hopefully polyphony digital did a good job
I only played a little bit of BO multiplayer in 3D. I thought it was pretty cool. Added a lot of depth, and sense of realism to the guns IMO.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,367 Posts
Update: Bad news for me, and maybe some others. I currently have a Mits 73C9, plus the 3DA-1 adapter. Well I run everything through my Onkyo 876, so it goes:


Input device > Onkyo 876 > 3DA-1 > 73C9


Anyway, I can't seem to get the 3D on GT5 to work without routing past the Onkyo. I can get every other PS3 game to work that I've tried without routing past my AVR, so I hope this isn't a trend. Not sure if I want to hook up a Optical cable or not, because I don't really want to unhook HDMI cables every time I want to play.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by tangcoma
I think the 3d is suck on GT5 ! I am using 60LX900! And the 3d effect is full of crosstalk like black ops! So i 'm just play it in 2d mode! I am start to disapointing the game with 3d! Everywhere crosstalk! Double shadow! Drive me crazy!
I'm with you on this one, very disappointed....I only played for a few minutes but I was not impressed. Did you do the update before playing? I didnt, maybe they improved it with a patch..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm using a sammy pn50c490 And I noticed quite a bit of crosstalk. This is the first game I played on my tv from a ps3 (I prefer my 360) and the graphics look cartoony. I just noticed in my tv manual that there is a game mode. Does this game mode help with the color? My 360 looks awesome @ 1366x768 but the ps3 looks like crap @720p. Any suggestions ?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
377 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pjb16
Update: Bad news for me, and maybe some others. I currently have a Mits 73C9, plus the 3DA-1 adapter. Well I run everything through my Onkyo 876, so it goes:


Input device > Onkyo 876 > 3DA-1 > 73C9


Anyway, I can't seem to get the 3D on GT5 to work without routing past the Onkyo. I can get every other PS3 game to work that I've tried without routing past my AVR, so I hope this isn't a trend. Not sure if I want to hook up a Optical cable or not, because I don't really want to unhook HDMI cables every time I want to play.
Do 3D blu ray movies do the same thing? I also have a 73C9 and ,my AVR does not handle 3D movies but no problems with the games I've tried so far. I'll wait a bit to get GT5 through goozex, but does it run in 1080p in 3D? If so we may have a problem with these games but not those in 720p 3D.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,367 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milmanias
Do 3D blu ray movies do the same thing? I also have a 73C9 and ,my AVR does not handle 3D movies but no problems with the games I've tried so far. I'll wait a bit to get GT5 through goozex, but does it run in 1080p in 3D? If so we may have a problem with these games but not those in 720p 3D.
I don't think any games on the ps3 run in "1080p" and "3D" per say. Regardless, the 3DA-1 has to convert it all to a set format anyway, so that really shouldn't be any issue.


As to the movies question, I'm not sure. I use the Panny BDP350 for my 3D movies.



I played through all the B licenses in 3D, and it provided some real nice depth in the car (never used any other view) but there was also some crosstalk at times. I think as of now I'll choose the 7.1 sound over the 3D for this title. I did find the head tracking with the PS Eye camera to be pretty cool though.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
149 Posts
I like the game, it is what I expected. There are options that need to be selected and are easy to overlook but that's Gran Turismo for you. The crosstalk I think comes from having to set your screen size; I don't know why they do that but anytime I've noticed any sort of crosstalk on my dlp there was some sort of screen adjustment menu I went through and it didn't correlate with my actual screen.


The game from a simulator standpoint is great. If you're not familiar with the GT games it might seem overwhelming and frustrating but I do like the arcade mode with quick start racing and a large selection of cars. The replays of races are amazing. It really looks like your watching real cars. Drifting is something I am having trouble getting the hang of.


I have parallax set to 10 and convergence at .5. I'm not sure where to set convergence but all the way cranked up my eyes went crossed, lol.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoodily /forum/post/0


I like the game, it is what I expected. There are options that need to be selected and are easy to overlook but that's Gran Turismo for you. The crosstalk I think comes from having to set your screen size; I don't know why they do that but anytime I've noticed any sort of crosstalk on my dlp there was some sort of screen adjustment menu I went through and it didn't correlate with my actual screen.


The game from a simulator standpoint is great. If you're not familiar with the GT games it might seem overwhelming and frustrating but I do like the arcade mode with quick start racing and a large selection of cars. The replays of races are amazing. It really looks like your watching real cars. Drifting is something I am having trouble getting the hang of.


I have depth set to 10 and parallax at .5. I'm not sure where to set parallax but all the way cranked up my eyes went crossed, lol.

When setting the screen size are the white corners supposed to be visible or do you set it to the point where they disappear?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
149 Posts
From the way I read it I made them visible. I didn't want the text spilling past the borders like the demo at walmart. I tried making it fully expanded but it didn't seem to help the crosstalk. I would like to center my tv's picture up more but am not sure how. I only noticed the crosstalk in the scene where the guy is walking out of the garage and on the crossbars of the interior view of the car. I also credit the glasses for some of it because depending on how I have my head tilted I can get some ghosts blocked out.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2 Posts
I think the 3D is pretty good. The are some instances of crosstalk, especially in cockpit view. I typically use the bumper camera view which I think works the best. Have a 50C8000 and parallax in the game turned to 10 and convergence turned to 0.8. With 3D and a wheel, it's a great racing sim.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
57 Posts
My first time to have a console and console racing games and was gladly surprised that 3D works so well. I max out both parallax and convergence (habit from long time PC 3D gaming): The 3D effect is excellent without eyestrain in short gaming session (30 min). I'm glad that the game has adjustable parallax (depth) and convergence, unlike Motostorm Pacific Rift. Ghost is there at max depth/convergence but not noticeable on my Sammy DLP (snow track, behind car view). Beautiful snow track was highly enjoyable in 3D, glad I got it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,849 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by distant30 /forum/post/0


My first time to have a console and console racing games and was gladly surprised that 3D works so well. I max out both parallax and convergence (habit from long time PC 3D gaming): The 3D effect is excellent without eyestrain in short gaming session (30 min). I'm glad that the game has adjustable parallax (depth) and convergence, unlike Motostorm Pacific Rift. Ghost is there at max depth/convergence but not noticeable on my Sammy DLP (snow track, behind car view). Beautiful snow track was highly enjoyable in 3D, glad I got it.

I played it on my Panasonic V25, outstanding. I wish I had a 73" Mitsubishi DLP for 3d gaming. My 54 is not big enough and There is some crosstalk, still unreal. Sony does not need a new system for another 5 years, the PS3 3D dislike having the coolest game system ever.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,127 Posts
i didn't have as positive of an experience as you guys. I have a 63c7000 sammy, and even with the depth setting to 10 in the GT5 menus, i wasn't impressed by the 3d effect. I found that the game looks much much sharper and the graphics much better with the 3d turned off. Maybe i'll have to go home today and mess with it some more



EDIT: barely any crosstalk at all on my set. In fact, i'd go as far to say that if i wasn't looking for it, i wouldn't see it at all.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
608 Posts
Love it. love it, love it!


Watching it in 3D on My Panasonic 3D TV. Increased paralax to 5 from 0 in the option menu to increase depth and NO Ghosting ( using XpanD x103 asg). The menu overlay has a good 3D effect to it.


Replays are exceptional after each race ( automatically replays after you finish).


Speed wasn't exceptional but I was using a Honda CRX or what ever the new design is called so that may be the reason. Even if it doesn't convey the fastest sense of speed compared to other racing games I will sacrifice that for the No jaggies ( anti alising) look that this game has.


Look like it's running at a true 720P; cant wait for Motor Storm Apocalypse
 
1 - 20 of 79 Posts
Top