AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,991 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been following a few members who are nearing completion of their theaters...I was just curious. For those of you who have completed theirs, or for those of you who know in advance:

What was/will be the official grand opening movie and who was/is invited?

·
Registered
3,422 Posts
I'm getting closer:)

i just need to get my projector ISFed and do the trim.

then some basic odds and ends...

I'm looking middle July...

who and what is still undetermined...maybe "the Others"

·
Registered
3,991 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by mercury
who and what is still unditemned...maybe "the Others"
Is that the "what" or the "who" ;)

·
Registered
156 Posts
At the rate I'm going it is going to be Lord of the Rings, but of course there will be many more. Unbreakable is on the list since its a DTS movie and it rawks... IMO. :cool:

·
Registered
482 Posts
My opening will most definatley be a blockbuster movie. LOTR? who knows, but certainly not a chick flick.

Attendees will be those that helped in construction of course.

I have had a monthly guys movie night, so I'll re-start that.

Robert

·
Registered
4,952 Posts
"Last of the Mohicans"

Anamorphic, DTS

I invited everyone who had any part in building it, and my Niece who requested to be at the grand opening.

-- Cain

·
Registered
641 Posts
Middle of July opening...

Movie is undetermined at this point (much debate)

Invitees will be those that assisted along the way. Mostly family members that helped me hang the drywall. Everything else has been my wife and I. Might just explain why its taken so long!

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
I want to show Clockwork Orange. But I think it is so old It will not show off the theaters capabilities. Therefore, it might have to be the second show in a double feature.

Hopefully Mid July

If I do not finish in time, Lord of the Rings will be on my list as well

·
Registered
3,991 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I see alot of LOTR showings...I was fortunate enough to already sit through a viewing of LOTR (bootleg) at a fellow AVS members theater. While the movie was quite good, it is also quite loooonnnng. Might want to keep that in mind on your scheduling :)

·
Registered
44 Posts
I was supposed to be finished with mine today, so the opening movie and goddies that I bought are for Harry Poter. I think that I am 2 weeks away from opening night, it will depend on Home Depot and the carpet installation. I should finish painting the theater this weekend. After that is just building a cabinet for the theater equipment, installing and calibrating the equipment, and carpet. I can't wait.

·
Registered
516 Posts
My current thought is "Monsters, Inc." The original plan was "Pearl Harbor" but MI is do-able if I get to cracking on construction again.

You and your son are invited. :)

Sam

·
Registered
3,991 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by smchan
My current thought is "Monsters, Inc." The original plan was "Pearl Harbor" but MI is do-able if I get to cracking on construction again.

You and your son are invited. :)

Sam
COOL!! We can't wait...Get Busy!! :D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.