AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the difference between a Grand Wega III vs IV ?

I've been looking at Sony TVs and never see any ads referring to a series III or IV. I didn't see any mention of these descriptions on Sony's web site either. Perhaps I missed it somewhere, but how do you tell the difference between these? Is it strictly a model year difference?

Thanks in advance,

Mike

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
I think the only significant difference is this year's models have an ATSC tuner. Other than that, they are the same, correct?

And I think GW III and GW IV are terms that were made up here (kind of like the "Kirks" from Samsung. Some AVS lingo to distinguish between models, I believe.

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by tjk
I think the only significant difference is this year's models have an ATSC tuner. Other than that, they are the same, correct?
Not really. The sizes are different, there are 3 model levels with different features, and there is also a QAM tuner with cablecard slot. Last year there was just the base model and the XBR. Soon the XBR will be replaced by a high end SXRD line.

·
Registered
3,268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I noticed the new Sony's advertise they have an ATSC tuner, but did not see any mention of a QAM tuner on their web site. Yet they state CableCARD, cable ready. etc. And other postings state the new sets do tune in HD cable programs. I'm curious why Sony isn't hyping the QAM aspect.

Mike

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.