Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello

Does anyone know where I can view the Sammy DLP in NYC I want to buy the Grand Wega but if the sammy has a better picture I am going to get that one. Looking to buy within the next two weeks.

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
As of a week before Thanksgiving it was hard to get the Samsung 507 displaying in NYC. The only place I heard had one but "burned" was Harvey Electronics at 45th and 6th Ave. in Manhattan. The retailer price was $6,000 for the 60" and $4,000 for the 50".

They also had the 60" XBR but were not willing to do any "tweaks" to the service or main menu. They also had very poor Direct TV signal and a progressive DVD player but the was something wrong with their displaying; it was not good at all. I concluded that it was their wrong connection.

This is the problem with the Samsung; I never saw one displayed because they do not have a national dealer like CC or PC Richards or any other that will show their TV. Sony on the other hand did.

Good luck if you find one...

·
Premium Member
896 Posts
The Wiz on 5th Avenue and 46th Street has the Mitsubishi, Panasonic, and Samsung DLP's on display. See my earlier thread for more details.

They also have the GWII 50" and 60".

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
From what I have learned you can use the samsung DLP as a monitor as well as it doesn't have burn in problems, but the sony does have burn in problems at least thats what our retailers are telling us

·
Premium Member
896 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Doc Tonic
the sony does have burn in problems at least thats what our retailers are telling us
Are you referring to the GWII??

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.