Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok i have these cards to try out.

1. ATI rage pro 3D

2. ATI rage XL

3. Matrox G-400

4. Matrox G-450

The proj is an Infocus LP-720 with 800*600 native res.

Wich card to go for?

Greatful in advance!!

PJ :p

(i actually have the cards right in front of me here now and i got some time to test some)

·
Registered
533 Posts
Unfortunately, I wouldn't recommend any of those with an 800X600 SVGA projector.

For anamorphic DVD, unless you're using a lens setup for squeeze, you need 848X480 on a computer for playback with square pixels (LCD, DLP). Otherwise, you have to do downconversion.

Those cards don't do downconversion well at all.

A much better bet would be any Geforce based card (many available at very reasonable prices) or any ATI Radeon- VE's and LE's available for around $90.

If you only watch 4:3 DVD, then no problem. However, the overlay performance of these boards has been eclipsed by the newer generations I mention above. PQ isn't as good on those older boards.

Best regards,

Jon

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok.

I then better get me a Radeon card they come kinda cheap so....can i get the cheapest one?

If the native res of the proj is 800*600 shouldn´t i then run at that res?

I´m not very good at this when it comes to different res for different material.

I never watch 4:3 only DVD´s from both reg1 and 2. Should i have different ´settings for the regions, i guess so beacuse one is NTSC and the other is PAL?!

Advices PLZ!!

PJ

:p

·
Registered
3,496 Posts
Just did a search on pricewatch

Radeon LE

Lowest is $67 + $8 shipping

Radeon VE

Lowest is $51 + $10 shipping

Radeon 32 DDR

Lowest is $70 + $10 shipping

Radeon 7200

Lowest is $60 + $12 shipping

I have the LE and it is good. I have read threads on VE both good and bad. The Radeon 32 DDR is the official ATI version of LE.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.