AVS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I use my HTPC to watch streamed sports(espn3.com, etc). I have a gigabyte mobo with ATI HD 4250 onboard. I have a few questions. Will upgrading to a dedicated video card give me any improvement on the look of the streams? Sometimes they get pixlated and the quality isn't so good. If so, I'm looking for recommendations under $100. As long as I've had this HTPC hooked up to my LG TV, I have not been able to get it to full screen. That doesn't bother me too much, but has any had this problem and fixed it by going to an Nvidia card? Also, I use 1 HDMI cable for video and sound. With a dedicated video card... I would need to get another cable for sound, right? Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
With the streaming, a newer video card probably won't help out much. Has more to do with the quality of the feed your getting from the source. Sounds like you need to set your over/underscan setting in the ATI CCC panel to get the picture to fit your screen. Make sure the TV is set to just scan which is 1:1 pixel mapping setting and then set your over/underscan.

With a newer video card you wouldn't need another cable for sound as they all have HDMI outputs.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts