AVS Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just browsing IGN and noticed that as of right now these two titles are to be released within two weeks of each other (March 6 and 20). I haven't played a Tom Clancy game in years, so I am out of the loop. Anybody have any opinion one way or another on either of these two game series?

·
Registered
109 Posts
I've got GRAW and RB6 Vegas for the 360 and both are good but RB6 Vegas is great. It has a new cover system that just works and the graphics look excellent also. Graw looks and plays great but just doesn't have that 'feel' like Ghost Recon 2 or RB6V that I like. Just my opinion though.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I watched the video review of the 360 version of RB6:Vegas on IGN and you're right, the cover system looks remarkably simple. The reviewer and even compared it superiorly to Gears of War. Anyway, eagerly awaiting both titles... rather, I'm eagerly awaiting ANY NEW TITLES for PS3...

·
Registered
8,070 Posts
Rainbow Six is a MUST buy. Its better than R:FoM by a mile and its better team play than GRAW. Anyone who does not own a 360 but enjoys shooters and passes on R6 is making a huge mistake.

GRAW is a great game, but it was eclipsed when R6 arrived.

·
Registered
643 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by danieljw /forum/post/0

16, I believe.

I cant wait for RB6 then!

Someone told me that it would only support 3 people online which didnt make any sense but when I checked the PS website it shows that it only supported 3 players online!?

This will be my temporary fix until Zipper gets there act together and announces when Socom will be released.

·
Registered
4,357 Posts
My opinion is GRAW is more methodical and tactical than RS. It's not as quick in many cases and depends a bit more on planning. Probably more of personal preference since both should be fine games (well, RS WILL be unless something disasterous happened in porting).

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by gvg45 /forum/post/0

I cant wait for RB6 then!

Someone told me that it would only support 3 people online which didnt make any sense but when I checked the PS website it shows that it only supported 3 players online!?

This will be my temporary fix until Zipper gets there act together and announces when Socom will be released.

gvg45, if you go here they talk at length about the multiplayer for Vegas. Assuming that the multiplayer systems are the same for PS3/360, it should be 16 players online and 4 player co-op.

·
Registered
810 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by danieljw /forum/post/0

gvg45, if you go here they talk at length about the multiplayer for Vegas. Assuming that the multiplayer systems are the same for PS3/360, it should be 16 players online and 4 player co-op.

16 is good enough... 4vs4 in Gears is pathetic. Resistance owns them with support for 40.

A lot of it has to do with power of console, so we might be able to see even more than 16 for PS3, if they want to optimize more.

Another reason PC FPS's own console FPS's, you can easily lower the detail to get into multiplayer with bigger frames per second...

·
Registered
8,070 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by spwolf /forum/post/0

16 is good enough... 4vs4 in Gears is pathetic. Resistance owns them with support for 40.

A lot of it has to do with power of console, so we might be able to see even more than 16 for PS3, if they want to optimize more.

Black Hawk Down owns Resistance with FIFTY players. The power of the XBox must be AMAZING.

The number of players is as much a design choice (graphics, style, level design etc) as processor power. You could get more than 50 with a PIII for gods sake!

Someday there will be a Ps3 game that matches and maybe even exceeds XBox online numbers but it will not be due to the super nifty CPU, it iwll be because the developers will choose to make the choices that allow it.

Gosh people how often can you say OMG R:FoM is better than GoW it has FORTY PEOPLE. Its still 10 players shy of the console record... you might want to give the tired point a rest until R:FoM 2 has 51+

·
Registered
3,422 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankJ.Cone /forum/post/0

GRAW is a great game, but it was eclipsed when R6 arrived.

LOL, that's a bold statement.. GRAW has been out more than a year than R6.. And I will say that for the 360 MP graphics are way below that of GRAW MP graphics.. They better fix this for the PS3 version.. Not to mention the graphical glitches everytime you switch to another player and the constant clipping.. They even had the nerve to use an old map from the old game (2 series ago) and try to call it new.. Get GRAW 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by spwolf /forum/post/0

Another reason PC FPS's own console FPS's, you can easily lower the detail to get into multiplayer with bigger frames per second...

GoW has maps the size of a large house.. Yeah lets throw 16 people in there and see how fun that is.. Man come on..

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.