AVS Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
both reviews on GRAW and R6 are good ,i am debating about which one of them i should get ? which one would you recommend ? thanks

·
Registered
620 Posts
If you prefer more close quarters battles, go with Vegas. If you prefer fighting at long range, more wide open levels go with Graw.

Vegas also has a superior cover system to GRAW, and GRAW disables its cover system for multiplayer.

Graw had better multiplayer graphics.

Vegas has the better lobby system, more customization options than GRAW.

As far as single player, I think it's pretty even. Overall I'd give a slight edge to Vegas.

Both games are great though, and if you can I'd get both, I'm sure you can find GRAW for $20 somewhere by now.

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
I'd say it would also depend on how good you are at FPS. GRAW is a bit more forgiving in the damage it takes to kill you. R6 is pretty much "bang band you're dead". Some people like that for the realism - to me it just makes the game get old fast. (I guess that's what happens when a run-and-gun guy plays a tactical shooter!)

·
Registered
3,422 Posts
Just rented R6 and I'm only a Live player (hate SP no matter the game) and GRAW is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better (looks like a PS2 game minus the character model).. R6 online looks like junk and I put the sensitivty all the way up (10) and it's still to slow.. The first map I played was a map from a Rainbow game that was out 2 series ago and it looked no better.. If you're a online player I'd just wait for GRAW 2.. But if you like SP then R6 is probably better from what I've heard..

This post was for information only..

·
Registered
6 Posts
Both are great games and should be checked out regardless but for me Vegas is more fun. better cover system and team controls.

setting up a room attack is really fun and easy. maked 2 tangos and had my guys open, frag and clear while i repelled and crashed through a window on the other side and took em out in 2-3 seconds. it was freak'n sweet!!!!

·
Registered
8,070 Posts
I loved both games. If I was going to play co-op I would go with GoW. Best Co-op experince ever. For multiplayer (above two people) I would go with R6. Some really fun team based play there.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I have both, like both, but personally like R6 better than GRAW.

Online co-op mode in R6 could be better though... dont care for the layout on how to select maps, and don't like the fact that you can get them out of order with no real way to "reset" them back to the order they should be in, other than doing it manually. Kinda a pain.

Also, on single player mode, I am stuck at the very end, with some sort of wierd glitch that won't allow me to progress to finish the game in SP mode.

Neither game have a "realistic" damage model. R6 has the "I've been shot 4 times at close range, let me duck around the corner for 30 seconds, and I am 100% better", while GRAW maintains your health as you get damage, although being right near deaths door hardly effects your ability to function and play the game (you limp a little). But, what can you do? It's a video game... if it were like the real world, where you get shot and lie on the ground bleeding and crying and praying not to die as your life slowly drains from your body, nobody would play it.

Still, gameplay and looks still are better in R6 to me.

·
Registered
9,724 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by babrown92 /forum/post/0

If you prefer more close quarters battles, go with Vegas. If you prefer fighting at long range, more wide open levels go with Graw.

Vegas also has a superior cover system to GRAW, and GRAW disables its cover system for multiplayer.

Graw had better multiplayer graphics.

Vegas has the better lobby system, more customization options than GRAW.

As far as single player, I think it's pretty even. Overall I'd give a slight edge to Vegas.

Both games are great though, and if you can I'd get both, I'm sure you can find GRAW for $20 somewhere by now.

That made me choke on my drink! People thought GRAW multiplayer looked so bad they suspected it was running on the same engine as Ghost Recon 2. GRAW's MP is a gimped out version of the single player game! The graphics don't hold a candle to it and the gameplay is a retarded shadow of the SP. I think Rainbow not only looks better, but plays MUCH better. I love Ghost Recon to death, the single player is fantastic, but I hated the MP and co-op so much I didn't even buy the extra maps.

And Frank, read the question!!!

·
Registered
43 Posts
GRAW to date has been the best game I have played on the 360. It's single and online play make it far beyond what I expected especially for being an older game.

RSV is a beautiful game but it has way too many bugs. I found the game too glitchy however I did have fun playing single player. I am actually re-playing the game on "realistic" after beating it on regular. Be aware the online is like watching paint dry and the gun selection all around is ... poor.

Oh - RSV is a better buy I guess since GRAW 2 is 2 months away.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I like the AI better in RB6. In GRAW, it seems like your squad is just cannon fodder waiting to be dispatched by the terrorists. Your team in RB6 is far more intelligent (as are the enemies). I have to give the edge to RB6 also, simply because there seems to me to be more strategy involved.

·
Registered
232 Posts
R6 multiplayer is awesome and much better than GRAW's, bUt I loved GRAW's single player more. I didn't like the interior environments of R6 as much for single player. I thought the outdoor battles in GRAW were more "grand" and more immersive.

Before anyone starts flaming, R6's single player is great too. I'm going through my second time now on that. But I just felt like GRAW's single player had more to offer. Maybe it's also because I'm nostalgic and GRAW was one of the first 360 titles to wow me.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.