Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bob,

You should try searching on the screen forum.

There have been some DIY screen paint enthusiasts who have devoted a lot of time and effort researching this and posting their conclusions there.

-Dean.

·
Registered
16,014 Posts
Now after seeing both Mark Hunter and Dean McManis say they like how the LT150 performs with their Grayhawks I'm anxious to see what a gray screen can do. And I imagine others are thinking the same thing.

But before we go all out and make a sizable investment in a Grayhawk I think it would be wise to experiment with a makeshift gray screen to see how we're going to like it. I have a suitable piece of material to paint. But I'm hoping the screen gurus out there can suggest an off the shelf paint (brand and color) to use.

Bob Wood

------------------

~ The Sultan of Cheap ~

[This message has been edited by RobertWood (edited 08-18-2001).]

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Robert-

This paint works great-even on lower powered projectors-and you will like that it was a very inexpensive can of paint. The brand is Long Life and it is an exterior latex-called Cape Cod Gray. It is manufactured by Yenkin-Majestic Paint Corporation, Columbus Ohio. Hope this helps-let me know the your results if you try it--

Lenny

·
Registered
16,014 Posts
Hi Lenny,

Thanks, that's exactly what I was hoping for. I'll try to find that brand and color. If that brand isn't available to me do you think "Cape Cod Gray" will be a standard color that might be available in other brands?

Bob

------------------

~ The Sultan of Cheap ~

·
Registered
16,014 Posts
Thanks, Lenny. That's very kind of you. I'll call around tomorrow to see if I can find it. If not I'll email you (since it's worked for you it will be better than me trying to guess at a suitable color).

Bob

------------------

~ The Sultan of Cheap ~

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.