AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
for a while now-i have mild grayish spotty areas on my screen-upper third-not awful-only really notice them with a white or very light background-but annoying-is this most likely a result of dust on the dlp mirror-it does collect alot back there-set 3 yrs old-replaced lamp once-same prob before that-but never had the main mirror cleaned which i hear can collect dust and dull picture quality-any ideas,thanks

·
Registered
533 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmh11706 /forum/post/19581039

for a while now-i have mild grayish spotty areas on my screen-upper third-not awful-only really notice them with a white or very light background-but annoying-is this most likely a result of dust on the dlp mirror-it does collect alot back there-set 3 yrs old-replaced lamp once-same prob before that-but never had the main mirror cleaned which i hear can collect dust and dull picture quality-any ideas,thanks

Search the internet for a free service manual. Take the screen off and give the tv a very careful cleaning. The problem is probably on the main mirror or main lens, the back of the screens don't tend to collect much dust. Proceed carefully.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts