AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are your favorite concert opening numbers or lead into the opening number?

·
Registered
7,570 Posts
Are you kidding?? Spinal Tap, "Tonight I'm Gonna Rock You Tonight"!!! Go, Nigel, go!!

Fred

·
Registered
4,907 Posts
Rust Never Sleeps - where those little hooded headlight guys go scampering around the stage and they remove the box that Neil Young's laying on with his acoustic guitar. Very trippy.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Styx - Return to Paradise. They open and close the concert with "The Best of Times". A lone janitor sweeps the stage as the last light goes out - very dramatic.....

Although the video quality is not great, audio is very good.

·
Premium Member
3,174 Posts
In terms of recordings, (tape, LD, or DVD) I might have to go with HT and "Rust Never Sleeps", Neil was always just a little bit 'out there', although there are some other great ones. "It's been a long time coming" playing over scenes of the area at the start of "Woodstock" is pretty good, also the boat in the river on the screen behind the stage in Pink Floyd's "Delicate Sound of Thunder" (I hope that is the right name for that the LD). In real life for me, it was any opening number at a "Dead" Concert. You just had to be there, again and again and again...............each show was more thrilling than the one before. The "Views from the Vault" are great but they don't quite capture the thrill in the crowd.

·
Registered
3,137 Posts
Iron Maiden: Rock in Rio. GREAT opening!!!!

Nicholas

·
Registered
229 Posts
The Overture by the Colorado Symphony Orchestra that opened The Moody Blues show at Red Rocks was incredible... perhaps the best part of the show ;)

·
Registered
4,907 Posts
Quote:
The Ramones used the theme from the "Good, the Bad and the Ugly" to start their shows. Perfect....
Yeah, it makes you wonder who the hell the "good" one is supposed to be. hehe.. sorry.

Actually to badly date myself, the coolest concert opening was when Pink Floyd was doing the dark side tour. It opened with two circling red lights underneath Nick Mason's drum set with the heartbeat making its way around the concert hall with its quadraphonic setup. Sooo cool.

·
Registered
94 Posts
on DVD the opening to Metallica's Cunning Stunts (SO What then Into Creeping Death)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.