AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
8,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a Hughes E86 back in March from www.********************* and moved into my new house in April. Everything worked fine until I purchased a third receiver from them about three weeks later (my second is a Sony T60), a basic Hughes E11 for $99.00. Soon after installing that box, the E86 started losing transponders and the HD channels suffered severe break up. Removing the Hughes E11 from the loop did not seem to fix anything, and tying the E86 at a friends house showed the same problems.. so we figured the E86 was bad and Hughes replaced it.. Well that box started to exhibit the same problems a couple days after installation... so we finally determined that if we removed the E11 and I put any other receiver in that the problem goes away... maybe the E11 was doing something that killed the tuner in the E86 (don't know...) Anyway, I thought that I would just get rid of the E11 and get a new Sony or RCA box as a slave receiver, and since I was over the 30 days return, I would eat the $99. I called Value so I could work out any kind of charge back situation.... I spoke to Robert and he is sending me a brand new Sony B55 (which they don't even carry but are evaluating for the future, they went out to buy one and haven't even opened it yet), shipping it second day Fed Ex on their dime, and will pay for any costs that directv might charge them for to clean the access card.... all this for a box that they probably are making $15 bucks on.... I have been so happy with the experience and wanted to pass along the info to the others on this board... http://www.avsforum.com/ubb/smile.gif Marc.

------------------

the audience is listening...

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.