AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If anyone is thinking of buying a 6022 / 6023 HD setup, it looks like www.allsat.com has put on a big promotion for the rest of this month according to post from some members at the www.***************.com forum under "group buy

for a 6000 box !"

The forum there is remarking that allsat.com will match other lower advertised internet prices ( it even list one that is $50.00 cheaper ) and give you a $10.00 additional discount to boot if you ask for a gemtleman named "Ben" upon

placing your order.

Also, since allsat has a -30- day money back guarantee and a price matching policy listed on their website, it seems to me they should honor this for anyone that has bought from them within the last -30- days.

From what I can tell ( and feel free to correct me if I`m wrong ), any one who purchased a 6023 system from them for instance, should be due a $60.00 discount. ( $50.00 since they are matching another lower priced dealer listed there and the special $10.00 discount that is coming from somewhere else )

If anyone orders this special from them or has recently ordered and calls for the price match and credit difference, please let us know if they will honor

it.

If I did not already have a 6000 setup, I would jump on this !

Good Luck,

Frapp

·
Banned
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Quote:
Originally posted by GScott:
It's not that great of a deal. According to their website the 6023 package (w/ 2nd dish and sw21 switch) is $399. The same 6023 package is $299 from Mark at Dish Depot. Allsat may match the price and give you a few dollars off but Dish Depot gives you INCREDIBLE customer service. I would highly recommend that anyone who is in the market for a Dish 6000 system call Mark. To me there are certain intangibles that are worth a few dollars more.
I thought Dish Depot had changed over to rental plans on all of their equipment from a post I read last week. Are the prices at Dish Depot for purchase or rental plans ?

Frapp -

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
That would probably be something Mark would have to answer but I am pretty sure the prices listed are for purchases. I didn't see anything listed that specified the prices were for rental only.

·
Registered
830 Posts
I'll echo the sentiment that Mark at DishDepot is a pleasure to deal with. In our dealings he has been knowledgeable, honest about what items are in stock, and has gotten my orders out the door incredibly quickly.

·
Banned
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Quote:
Originally posted by GScott:
It's not that great of a deal. According to their website the 6023 package (w/ 2nd dish and sw21 switch) is $399. The same 6023 package is $299 from Mark at Dish Depot. Allsat may match the price and give you a few dollars off but Dish Depot gives you INCREDIBLE customer service. I would highly recommend that anyone who is in the market for a Dish 6000 system call Mark. To me there are certain intangibles that are worth a few dollars more.
Follow up to my first reply....

I just realized that if someone bought a 6023 system from Allsat.com within the last three weeks or so and the pricing from Dish Depot you pointed out is correct at $299.00, then the person that bought from allsat would theoretically have a $110.00 refund coming from allsat if they called them to honor the -30- day money back guarantee and price matching. A $100.00 refund for the internet price matching that they guarantee on their website against what Dish Depot is offering and the other $10.00 discount that was mentioned over on the www.***************.com forum for the rest of this month.

This is getting quite interesting.

Frapp -

·
Registered
10 Posts
I believe most store will only match "advertised" price. The price has to be available to the general public. Private party purchase (like the group buy from ***************) or membership-based discount price will most likely not be covered.

About the $299 for 6023 at Dish Depot, can you still apply the $199 rebate from DishNetwork? Almost every other Dish sites I went to advertise the $199 rebate on top of their "low" price. Dish Depot is the only one that said nothing about the $199 rebate. They do have the lowest price before the rebate, but if the rebate is not valid, the final price will be $299 + $35 shipping = $334 which is not so great a deal.

If Dish Depot doesn't carry the rebate, then I believe dbs-sales has the lowest price for 6023 at $349 - $199 rebate + $25 shipping = $175. This price is an advertised price so allsat should be able to match it.

[This message has been edited by Need (edited 05-17-2001).]

·
Registered
2,304 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
After many calls to Dish and dealers re the 6023 Dish system(6000 receiver/2 sats/switch/ etc) here is what I have found out.

Universal Electronics ( www.dbs-sales.com ) sells their system for about $349, plus $25. delivery plus a $199. rebate =$175. net delivered BUT for self-installation only. You do not get the free installation from Dish which is available through some major chains like Sears.

Dish Depot charges $299. for the same system BUT no rebate and again for self-installation only. Don't know DishDepot delivery but if same as above then net= $324.

Sears sells their system for $698. with installation. They said they will NOT price match Universal Electronics. So it looks like - assuming a$200. charge for professional installation the costs are:

Universal: $375. (installed with rebate)

DishDepot: $524. (installed no rebate)

Sears: $698. (Installed)

You have to read all the fine print to find out you can't get DISH's free installation to get both Universal's and Dish Depot's prices/rebates.

If Sears would honor their price matching I would go with them - will try again with another store - but otherwise it looks like Universal (can't deal with self-installation myself so will be looking for a pro to do it)

Confusing isn't it?

·
Registered
730 Posts
FWIW, I picked up my 6023 from here: http://store.yahoo.com/satelliteone/dishnetwork.html

For $499-$199(Free Now Rebate)-$50(self install rebate) = $250 + shipping.

If you are handy at all, the installation is pretty easy. Much easier than getting a good terrestrial antenna, guywires, preamp, rotor, etc. installed.

Sears seems to have the best price on the 8VSB modulator at $99.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.